Fuel Line questions???????????

Keith Littlepage

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1. What is the most used size fuel lines for outdoor power equipment? ( trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, etc.)
2. What is the best fuel line to buy so it will hold up with today's fuel?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy some bulk 25 ft rolls of echo oem 5 and 6mm fuel line. It works good for fuel and impulse. Affordable too. I prefer the oem curly husky line in huskies. However the straight line will work if you route it carefully so it does not kink between the tank/carb housing. Don’t leave it too long in the tank or it will get stuck and not move with the gas either.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think 3mm on the ones I bought.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3mm ID on the 5, 6, 7 OD lines which is why they are so stiff.

Keith Littlepage

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
huskyboy; what does the diameter of the hole in the tank need to be for the 5 & 6 mm echo fuel line so you get a good seal but don't constrict the line to much? Thanks

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know the minimum diameter. I can only say that the nitrile Echo fuel lines just don't have anywhere near the shrinkage that the Tygon F-4040 does. You just a fit that doesn't slip when installed. The Echo 3mm x 5 mm is basically the same size as the Tygon 3/32" ID 3/16" OD line which why use the Echo line as a replacement the Tygon of the same size.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nate from Performance Outdoor Equipment is a member here, fordf150. If you Google his site and call him or message him he can send you the proper sized Echo line at a very respectable price. Whatever he sent me fits and seals perfectly and doesn't leak

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The echo 6mm is a touch tight to get through the tank hole on a 372, but isn’t constricted and seals well. Seems to last quite a while and remain supple. As with anything I do prefer the oem line but the echo is a good alternative and doubles as a good impulse line.

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only ever fit genuine Tygon.
THe trick to fitting it is to slip a drill bit into the end of the tube then use that to poke the tube through the grommet or plain hole in the tank.
Silicon spray makes them a lot easier to fit.
DO NOT USE WD 40 .

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The echo 6mm is a touch tight to get through the tank hole on a 372, but isn’t constricted and seals well. Seems to last quite a while and remain supple. As with anything I do prefer the oem line but the echo is a good alternative and doubles as a good impulse line.
I’m now using stihl oem fuel line. I still use echo for the impulse but for fuel line the stihl stuff is a little better imo. It doesn’t kink as easily and the filter fits on the end more firmly. The husky oem line I still think is the best to work with for husky saws, but this stuff you can buy in bulk. We’ll see how it holds up.