Free Trees & Firewood

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of "free" firewood, I was blessed with about 20,000 pounds, about 9 truckloads of free ash and hard maple last February when a golf course removed five fareways of ash trees and piled them in a parking lot, free for the taking. I cut the rounds all to length and stacked them at a friend's vacant lot near his house in the back yard. All the rounds were premium quality and drying beautifully.

Three months later, my friend died of lung and throat cancer that spread rapidly. Five days before he passed away, thieves stole all the firewood and my log splitter. It must have taken them three days, operating in the wee hours. My friend was in hospice as he lay dying, sedated with morphine, so he could do nothing and was unaware that any thievery was in progress. Neither did any neighbors, and nobody has any idea who stole it all or where it is today. :(

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry. I can't like that post.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of "free" firewood, I was blessed with about 20,000 pounds, about 9 truckloads of free ash and hard maple last February when a golf course removed five fareways of ash trees and piled them in a parking lot, free for the taking. I cut the rounds all to length and stacked them at a friend's vacant lot near his house in the back yard. All the rounds were premium quality and drying beautifully.

Three months later, my friend died of lung and throat cancer that spread rapidly. Five days before he passed away, thieves stole all the firewood and my log splitter. It must have taken them three days, operating in the wee hours. My friend was in hospice as he lay dying, sedated with morphine, so he could do nothing and was unaware that any thievery was in progress. Neither did any neighbors, and nobody has any idea who stole it all or where it is today. :(
Wow!
I hate to hear that!
I can't like this post either.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
58675120_10215275336330055_2606643109668323328_n.jpg

58571192_10215275336610062_392534425734217728_n.jpg

Marketplace
Garden
FREE firewood!
Henagar, AL ·
FREE
Free some trees already cut and more that needs cutting. Need gone ASAP. Would be a lot of free firewood. Henager Al. I think they are oak, hickory and a few maple. Call or text 256-657-8715 Less

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MONSTER BLOCKS FREE!
65103925_10161951390730451_6689419247216492544_n.jpg

65316447_10161951388290451_6277971297339179008_n.jpg

Marketplace
Garden
WOOD Large FREE OAK TREE pieces for wood worker, sawmill or firewood FREE
Huntsville, AL ·
FREE - We cut down a huge tree and would like to offer for FREE the large pieces to anyone who wants them!
Seller Information

Becky Lueker Pullen

Joined Facebook in 2006

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
X2 @Wood Doctor , sorry to see that happen. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Steph
Thank you, Steph, for the offer. I will be notifying all of my customers that my firewood delivery business has ended. I enjoyed steady growth for the past five years, and at least fifty households will be stunned to hear this news.

Needless to say, I was in shock when I saw how much had been stolen. I quickly worked with another friend to salvage as much as I could before the rest was taken by the thieves as well. I gave away several truckloads to charity and to friends. It was a great hobby and I had made numerous friends. The exercise was truly wonderful and healthy.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you, Steph, for the offer. I will be notifying all of my customers that my firewood delivery business has ended. I enjoyed steady growth for the past five years, and at least fifty households will be stunned to hear this news.

Needless to say, I was in shock when I saw how much had been stolen. I quickly worked with another friend to salvage as much as I could before the rest was taken by the thieves as well. I gave away several truckloads to charity and to friends. It was a great hobby and I had made numerous friends. The exercise was truly wonderful and healthy.

So what are you going to do with all the new spare time? I've been pretty lucky here. Closest I had to a theft was a neighbor who used most of my apple stash for his stove. Kind of my fault as I was not clear, I guess, what to not burn.
Me and my best friend sell some, but my energy level has dropped over the years.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Steph

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wood Doctor, What do you figure you'd need to get it jump-started again?
I'm willing to pitch in something...I always find decent saws on the cheap
in this area & as you see firewood is plentiful.
Really heartbreaking & makes me mad as a hornet to hear about thieves!:2guns:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spare time? Well, I have always been an accomplished woodworker. I may have to drop into that again. I repair and restore 2-cycle engine equipment, especially chain saws and their chains, so that will keep me on board here. But, neither of these two hobbies produce exercise and allow me to meet lots of new people and supply them with the heat and enjoyment that firewood does.

My knee seems to be healing up (torn miniscus cartilage). Perhaps the biggest problem is that I cannot seem to get any younger or stronger as the clock keeps ticking. Jump starts become rather rare as time goes by. I brought my mountain bike out of retirement. It greeted me with a flawless performance after new air in the tires and some oil. Bar oil worked rather well, but don't tell anyone.

I'll keep you all posted because you all are tops in my book. Together we can get through this massive thievery.:pesas:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, if you are looking for some paying work, I do have a few saws that need tuned up/checked over. Don't trust my ears especially after the 660 meltdown.
Let me know and no hurry.

By the way, what kind of splitter did you have? Any pictures? I will keep my eyes open for you, it would be nice to catch the little A-holes.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, if you are looking for some paying work, I do have a few saws that need tuned up/checked over. Don't trust my ears especially after the 660 meltdown.
Let me know and no hurry.

By the way, what kind of splitter did you have? Any pictures? I will keep my eyes open for you, it would be nice to catch the little A-holes.
My splitter was a Brave 22-ton. I modified it with a new 6.5 Hp engine, a 13 gpm pump, all new hoses, and new trailer tires, so it was in excellent condition. I'm sure that's why it was stolen along with the premium firewood rounds that I was getting ready to split with it. The landowner who passed away had a home-made splitter that he chained to the storage shed. That security failed because the thieves cut the chain and stole his also.

I'll send you a PM with contact info. I rebuilt a burned-out Stihl MS660 last year with an all-new engine and crankcase assembly. It was worth it. The saw now runs fine. Chain loops and sharpening are also my specialty.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mother-Load!!!!
60499723_10219764540414865_8350165263856959488_n.jpg

60595114_10219764521774399_8791754010022379520_n.jpg

Marketplace
Miscellaneous
White Oak, Red Oak, Hickory
Ellerslie, GA ·

FREE - We have lots and lots of huge hardwoods (red and white oak, hickory, etc) down on 6 acres from the tornado. We have sectioned some but then there are plenty we haven’t touched. All is free! Please come and get all that you want. We need to move this wood. Located in Ellerslie. PM if interested.

Seller Information

Christi Smith Morneault

Joined Facebook in 2008