High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Framacheck Ms250 truck saw

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well been messing with this thing on and off for a few days this week first time out it ate the starter pawls so I replaced those with the old ones from the 441 seems to be doing good on that front for the most part. Took it out to cut up the elm tree I chopped down and it did not like that much at all. Lets see... Clutch is engaging at 4-5k rpms ~half throttle, kinda odd but livable. Bogs at full throttle like its staving, fixable was already expecting this and wasnt going to kill it. In the words of an american airlines pilot in a work order "It sounds like there is a midget with a hammer in the engine." Huston we have rod knock or something. I was mildly expecting this thing to die from abuse buuuuut I figured itd be a few miles down the road while plunge cutting a piece of pig hickory. Ill investigate when my headcold goes away right now I need a nap and some whiskey.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a bummer. Mines been holding together so far. The other day I cut up a blow down fir, it behaved well.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That totally sucks. I think I'll put the 250 kit on hold for awhile.

Flyguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow, thats not very encouraging. I was looking at getting one of these as a saw to strap to the back of the 4-wheeler. May have to rethink the idea.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_2262.JPG
I hope it was just a bad batch or something or maybe I didn't put enough grease in there (dab will do yah and all that) I'm thinking it may be the rod/piston bearing because there was a fair bit of play between the needles and the cage. I'm going to see if swapping a oem clutch in fixes the half throttle engagement and glue a piece of pop can in the intake boot. I'm gonna run it till it pukes the rod out or something.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is still working ok, I haven't put a lot of time on it yet. I think the biggest problem now is the kit went up in price, around here I can find a running use 250 for the same money after shipping. At $120 it was worth a shot and if it blows up parts are cheap to fix it, at $160ish I think you better of finding a used one. That being said it was kinda fun to put together.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a heads up, I got a email the otherday, hutzel has a black friday thing going on... 22nd I think.. So who knows if they will drop the price on what we want.. Cheap but good saw building kits ....:borra2:

Cheers

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a heads up, I got a email the otherday, hutzel has a black friday thing going on... 22nd I think.. So who knows if they will drop the price on what we want.. Cheap but good saw building kits ....:borra2:

Cheers

Nailed a MS380 for $119. [emoji106]