High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Framacheck Ms250 truck saw

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0025.JPG Ok small one up top was made considerably easier by trimming a better chamfer on the end of the rubber. The rest just needed lube and a couple beers. Got it all together with minimal spare parts, fueled and a tad of oil. First couple pulls and the rewind wouldn't work, next pull the cord popped back not the recoil housing. After getting that situation sorted I restrung it with a bit shorter pull and promptly got it stuck again. What could be interfering and can it be sanded off?

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the recoil work ok when it's not on the saw? On mine I can see where the starter pulley rubbed on flywheel but it has cleared it's self.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going to loosen it till it snaps back then tighten it progressively as I pull to kinda cut to fit. Hopefully that works

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Well a half hour of tugging the cord and setting screws bit by bit I got the wheel clear so now everything should be happy for a bit. Gave it a half dozen pulls at full choke to get the fuel up there then it spun over flipped it to run and she kicked off. I don't have a tach so I followed the no tach method for adjusting the carb (pretty close to the same as a Briggs carb adjustment. Gave it a full turn on the low then a full turn on the high and a little more just to run it rich.

Idles good but needs the brake and a bar before I break it in real good. I assume this thing has a .325 sprocket from the factory because its 7 tooth and 3/8 doesnt fit it real great. No markings or anything on the sprocket so I'm not entirely sure.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the spur type think ill order a hub and drum when I order the bar and chain.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I ordered a 18" woodland pro narrow kerf 325. I'll probably stick to the stock spur till it annoys me

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will order one of these as soon as I can move some customer stuff out. I really like picco on the OEM 025/250s I have messed with. Seems to allow them to stay in the power better and fewer cutters to file.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine rips pretty good with that 14 inch bar.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I saw a 13" bar but it wasn't still mount pattern then I got to thinking and I'm pretty tired of bending over to limb stuff

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Turns out the woodland pro bars are set up for the full size stihls. Chain adjuster won't go far enough back and the bar studs are to small. Think it requires a 10 mill or something

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was sitting there debating making bushings and drilling a hole for the adjuster. Need to see if the oil hole even lines up. I'll look into the Oregon bars though maybe tractor supply has one.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Very true. I think I have a deburr file that is .05" too... somewhere...

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll have to get one of these to play with.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got it all drilled out and such this morning took it out for a spin. Seems like the clutch is getting seated pretty good but the saw seemed to run hot for the short bit I ran it was smoking pretty good too not really bad just kinda rich for the break in. After I shut it off I tried to restart it but it wouldnt kick over so I guess Ill do some tinkering tomorrow.