High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Framacheck Ms250 truck saw

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok the extra black to coil wire was throwing me off lol manual and ipl were no help

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glad to see this build. I want to build one of these too....ms250s never last long in my truck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
This little saw is starting to grow on me. Its very simple as far as construction, You pretty much just assemble the motor, clutch, muffler, and most of your parts are done just electric, av, and case. I decided to build it in my bedroom mostly just cuz its comfortable and my beer is in here and haven't had any issues with getting anything messy.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put one of these together. It really is simple. The biggest problem I had with mine was the intake boot was soft and would suck shut. First start ran ok, tuned it got it in wood was cutting well then it bogged and I thought it was out of gas. It would idle and die with the least throttle. It took a while to figure out what was going on, went through the entire fuel system. Now it has a oem boot, runs great with a 14 inch 3/8 lo pro setup.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the tube was kinda flimsy I'm tempted to get a piece of aluminum in it just to see if it works. I'm trying to use as few oem parts as possible so I can get a good baseline.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only parts that may be an issue that I would just use oem to avoid a headache is the fuel line and boot to carb. Just from the few fuel lines I've used that were aftermarket the one not in a name brand package split shortly after putting in. The other one in an Oregon package seemed ok but was not much cheaper than oem.2$ if I remember right.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bent up a piece of wire and put it in the rib of the boot till the oem boot came in. I was concerned that it would eventually rub a hole.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if a person put beads of silicone around boot in the lows of the ribs on the outside and let it cure. Maybe that would stiffen it enough to keep from collapsing.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That might work, I don't think it would take much to keep round.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Only parts that may be an issue that I would just use oem to avoid a headache is the fuel line and boot to carb. Just from the few fuel lines I've used that were aftermarket the one not in a name brand package split shortly after putting in. The other one in an Oregon package seemed ok but was not much cheaper than oem.2$ if I remember right.
That was one of the first things I thought about. I flexed it and wiggled it around almost seemed like silicone. If I remember the stihl ones are a bit more firm?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah stiffer material but also seem like they stretch better without ripping if that makes any sense.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna try it out and see how it fairs. I'll run a few tanks through and then tear it down see how it looks. I'll probably swap some oem parts in and maybe a nwp cylinder

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
More than likely. I wouldn't be surprised at all. I kinda want to use this thing as a test bed since it's so easy to swap pretty much the entire motor.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone have advice for getting the av buffers through the holes? I migh have to get a bolt and washers. The adjustable pliers trick isn't working just marring the case.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used 5w40 and the adjustable pliers and it wasn't having any of that. I'm wondering if I should try cutting the chamfer a bit more on the rubber?

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure the holes in the plastic are deburred well.

Northwet

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The small one at the front top was the most difficult on my saw.