High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Framacheck Ms250 truck saw

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I know its not a 660 but it belongs with its kin. Just got it in today while I was at work so I had to work through the day with little to no anticipation. I kinda dread this because I've never built a saw from the ground up but there's a box o saw and it ain't gonna build itself!

IMG_0018.JPG
It's kinda weird but kinda interesting looking through the parts, I went to school for plastics engineering so I know what to look for in the plastics and oddly enough it's not horrible. I have seen worse from American gun case companies.

I'll post up in the morning when I get better organized and can get it in the shop.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well dry fit was already a eye opener. 30 minutes of whittling later and I carved out a significant chunk of glass reinforced nylon. Fits better though but now I gotta sharpen 3 knives
IMG_0019.JPG

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Annnnnnnd done! At least for the night, I'm out of beer and there's no tools in here so guess I'm not pulling an all nighter.
IMG_0020.JPG

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that was a quickie.

How did you fit the crank in the bearings, a hammer or freezer and heat gun.

Any probs with the seals.

And don't forgett the video of it chewing some wood.

Cheers

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't even hit the crank yet lol that was just the dry fit of the case. I ran into another case of that don't look right. The spring for the chain brake is to short or I'm not using a long enough spring hook, Ill add it to the list of things for the Orem solution to provide. And there's no pin in the band go figure lol.IMG_0021.JPG

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clamshell saw so if bearings aren't on crank freezer and maybe a little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer. So hopefully no beating with a hammer or something is not right.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well dry fit was already a eye opener. 30 minutes of whittling later and I carved out a significant chunk of glass reinforced nylon. Fits better though but now I gotta sharpen 3 knives
View attachment 91991
You need a Dremel. That would have took about a minute lol

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't have any issues with the bearings just slid them on by hand its a pretty close fit though maybe 2-3 thou if that seats pretty decent but I'm out of silicone so I'm on hold for a minute.
IMG_0022.JPG

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems little loose to me if they just slid on with no heat or a cold crank. But maybe I'm wrong definitely wouldn't be the first or last time. I think I'd avoid regular rtv just thinking that since the case halves are the bearing pocket on the outside I'd want to make sure they clamp the outer race hard enough. But another case where I might be wrong and over thinking it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems little loose to me if they just slid on with no heat or a cold crank. But maybe I'm wrong definitely wouldn't be the first or last time. I think I'd avoid regular rtv just thinking that since the case halves are the bearing pocket on the outside I'd want to make sure they clamp the outer race hard enough. But another case where I might be wrong and over thinking it.

I've heard husky 350 are like this too. Makes one wonder when it comes to these smaller saw the engineers are like meh?

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It kinda makes sense to build them this way makes the motor a little easier to replace and still fairly sturdy. You can get the piston and cylinder and just slap it together easy enough.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thst lower rod bearing looks sloppy as heck. Man would it kill em to put a thrust washer in them.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I can measure that gap in tenths :x the finish is nice and smooth but at 12000 rpm surface finish doesn't matter much.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My all oem 021 was sloppy also but runs fine after putting the new crank seals in.

Dasmoose

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0023.JPG

Ok guys I'm out of my element. How does this thing get wired up?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been awhile but black wire with eye gos under one of the studs for the coil. Red wire go to multi function switch to ground coil out when you flip the switch to off. So you need to put tank assembly on to hook red wire up. Plug wire is threaded into the large notch in case by red wire and the black one go's in the other one down to coil.