High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Found this real hard plastic stuff at work so I tried making a wedge out of it.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6c40d1cc900fd0e28300d354c1b5786c.jpg

Anyone else ever try making the one wedge.

When this was still in block for I have it a couple good cracks with the mini sledge and never did any damage. Th8nk it should work good.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try to always have several with me but yeah for a pinch wood ones work well enough. Those gum wedges ... You using them green or you carve em out dry. I cut some wood cookies outta gum. For a wedding Anyway. They are now all cracked open warped to *s-word

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I try to always have several with me but yeah for a pinch wood ones work well enough. Those gum wedges ... You using them green or you carve em out dry. I cut some wood cookies outta gum. For a wedding Anyway. They are now all cracked open warped to *s-word
Dry. They're only a few inches long. My pap started it long ago and I never stopped keeping them on hand.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got out to the wood today and nocked down a couple maples. That wedge sure seemed to work good. Never deformed at all and i wasnt going very easy on it. Im very impressed. Gonna make some more.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And they are nice and lite too unlike my hard head ones whick get heavy hangin off your belt.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a plate of 1" thick UHMW (Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) that I plan to make some wedges out of. It is the black recycled stuff, it is slightly tougher than the white Virgin UHMW.
Has anyone tried UHMW for a wedge? We use it for linear bearings, guides, slides, etc at work, and cannot hardly destroy it.

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always have a few small wedges made of gum (the wood) for when a firewood chunk starts to pinch. Stick it in the cut and finish up.
Here's one of my my collections. I make them on my table saw using white oak:

The blue stripe helps find them. The big ring keeps them together.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i use steel wedges they work ok till it contacts a rotating saw chain.

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a plate of 1" thick UHMW (Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) that I plan to make some wedges out of. It is the black recycled stuff, it is slightly tougher than the white Virgin UHMW.
Has anyone tried UHMW for a wedge? We use it for linear bearings, guides, sludes, etc at work, and cannot hardly destroy it.
Thats what i thought the white one was made from..super tuff stuff.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little story on wedges .My fathers family moved from Pittsburgh PA to Ohio in 1937 during the great depression .For heat they cross cut oaks and split the entire log with steel wedges to open them up with and oak wedges to finish in small enough pieces to run through a buzz saw with a John Deere A for power .Pieces were 8-10 feet long ,lots a work .