High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Found a two man mall w/bar and LOTS of other stuff in Dayton, OH...anyone interested in that beast?

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I happened to hop on the craigslist at the right time and found a ten minute old post for a running 2100 at a great price 1 1/2 hrs away. How could I resist? So I immediately called, grabbed cash, and hopped in the car cause I didn't want to miss out on a potential great deal. So glad I did.

The guy had told me he was helping a friend clean his dad's estate and there was a couple acres of stuff. I thought sounds great, but I wasn't quite prepared for what was ahead of me. He certainly wasn't lying. This place would make for an entire season of hoarders. It was hillbilly heaven. I started having visions of my future and suddenly felt right at home.

Checked out the 2100. Not a shelf queen by any means, but she fired on the third pull, idled away and revved right up... SOLD!

Then he says that's not his dad's biggest saw and my eyes got wide. Asked if I wanted to see it. What kind of question is that? Walks me into building one and down the path through the insanity to some big shelves. I recognized it immediately. A massive two man mall about eight ft in the air complete with massive bar w/ helper handle. There were of course no lights and no way to a place at that point to get a picture. He did say dad had a thing for chainsaws, that the beast was running when set up there, and is for sale. I myself am in no position in life to have such a thing. I would however love to see it find itself a good loving home with other saws to play with. I'm certain it can be had at a very very reasonable price. As far as picking up and moving such a thing? Heaven forbid shipping it. :eek:

I myself haven't a clue what its worth. I am also certain that they haven't a clue. The running 2100 was listed at $125. Like I said they haven't a clue, and how could I say no to that. If I hadn't checked when I did I'd of never known. He had five more calls on my way down. I got lucky.

So beyond the mall we took a quick tour. There was only a couple stihls to be seen. One a 017, meh. Then a 028 which I probably should have bought, but I didn't really have money for the 2100 to begin with. a mac 10-10. solo 645 maybe, countervibe 3400 or 3700? there was so much a can't really remember everything. Countless little homelites and such strewn about the literal couple acres. floor to ceiling shelves everywhere full. Those little homelites were hiding everywhere. Could probably go by a truckload for cheap cheap.

Only saw one small rollernose bar on a cheap yellow sears top handle, 12 or 14 in maybe, which I should have bought then. If it's still there when I go back to dig I'll snatch it up. It's really hard to tell what may yet be hiding there. They said they'd already been at it for four plus months and many a truckload had been hauled off to the dump/scrap. Hard to imagine cause there was still barely paths into the buildings. The one is about a half width gymnasium size row after row floor to ceiling shelving packed full. I never got to see the attic and basement of that one, but I imagine they're just as full. The other building is the old foundry complete with the massive old mills/lathes/etc. I guess they were used to make concrete finishing tools, manhole covers, n such. Grandpa was a machinist, but I'd personally never seen a three foot chuck before.

Sorry for my rambling, but I'm still in a quite a bit of shock and amazement. I stuck around to wait out the rush hour traffic, *B-S...., and make friends. Ended up helping them push a taurus up on the trailer of the next customers that showed up. Only got a brief walk through the vehicle scrap yard, but we won't go into that now. About time to start on the thanksgiving prep. I will be going back though to do some picking/digging in hopes of finding some more gems in the rough. I don't know much of anything of the little old homelites and such, but if there's anything you need/want just let me know and I can keep an eye out for you.

In the mean time, y'all have a happy thanksgiving.

Best regards,
Rob Stafari

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get the Mall Jimmy! I want to play with it too, lol...
4d1d6cb39ec27759e570a1214547f1b3.jpg
90be66d01c8634641bc385dc661e3736.jpg