Forum hack or tapatalk error?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know a little but not a lot .However if forum comments are sent like packets in an e-mail they could take any number of routes before they are assembled as one complete statement .Again if telephone conversations such as voice over IP take the same route it really gets complicated .
I was only partly successful in tracking down a bunch of internet baditos to somewhere near the California Mexico border who had my computer under ransom attack .I figured it out and called them everything in broken Spainish I could think of even some Mexican hoe they siced on me .I'll bet her ears are still ringing .--I'm still pizzed about it --mumble grumble

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If it is like the Wild West..

Can't one just shoot them? String em up?
Maybe. But getting the forum hosting firm to blacklist that IP address from regular posting, and only allow it to send communication to admin@opeforum i.e. to ask "why can't I post at the forum?" is probably best.

Anyway the yingtong-bingbong posts seem to have stopped so presumably that's happened already??

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
However if forum comments are sent like packets in an e-mail they could take any number of routes before they are assembled as one complete statement
Correct. But the source IP address in the packet will be the same as the original IP node. (Else the response can't be routed back). The source MAC address will change due to the hops across routers.

Again if telephone conversations such as voice over IP take the same route it really gets complicated .
Indeed. Since a NAT/proxy may be in the middle of the link.....

Sorry to be a nerd.....I used to work in VoIP....:icon_pc:

I'll shut up now...