High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

For the experts, what do the different angles do?

JMoney

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, found it, I guess the problem was just figuring out how to adjust it so I don't take too much. I'm thinking set it against the file to start then back it off a little at a time until the desired amount is removed.

p.s. sorry trooney for the hijack.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the main things motivating me to get the granberg was the ability to set how much material is removed.

Have you located the depth stop knob, you can set it so you can only file back to a certain point in each cutter....
There are many versions of the Granberg guide. On some, it is easier than others to set the stop for tooth length. I mostly use them to help maintain the filing angles.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/granberg-file-n-joint-revisited.193630/

I would use a paper towel and wd40 or pb blaster to and clean/lubricate the tails fairly frequently....
On some models, there is a small, felt pad on the top (or a place for one), where you can add a few drops of 3-In-One oil to lubricate the rails as you file.

Philbert

Last edited:

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey I see you are in Bloomington, I am in Muncie/Yorktown area.....

What kind of grinder are you using???

Hey there Neighbor!

I use a "Northern Tool" (Oregon 511 clone) grinder with a Diamond Wheel brand CBN 1/8" wheel. I was going to make my drive motor reversible....but he CBN wheel pretty much negated the need as it does a real nice job of sharpening the chrome edge as it exits the rear cutters. The pink stone wheels used to peel the chrome instead of grinding it on the back cutters and I was going to fix that problem by making the motor reversible. Not anymore!