Flying Tiger MS660

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first case assembly was too tight. I didn't properly relieve the stress on the bearings or center the crank. I got it "good enough" then put seals in... big time drag. The saw turned over fine with the plug out and wasn't a problem to start. I keep thinking the bearings will fail (and they still might), but so far, so good.
If it turns over fine with the plug out, I'd set key to stock, regap, and go.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the decomp pops when you are pulling, it can bite you. Go back on the timing? I cut the key .020.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the decomp pops when you are pulling, it can bite you. Go back on the timing? I cut the key .020.
Ok. Yea after checking bearings like Dall said, mess with that ignition some.

064s bite worse than any other Stihl I've run/owned. Granted these have 1201 flywheels and 046 coils, but still... gotta pull like ya mean it especially when it's about to pop.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm new to it but doesn't seems bad to me. I'd raise the exhaust a few degrees, same with the transfers and intake
I'll say this, I never would've thought it would work out well but a faller I know and trust has a 660 he built with Mike Lee's sky high exhaust and *s-word ton of intake duration and he says no other 660 he's ever ran would touch it.
Something to think about.......