High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fixing Echo 302s oiler mechanism

msjanket

Active OPE Member
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Can't get the oiler on my 302s running. Worked a few hours ago, but conked out. I replaced the 3 O-rings but it still does not work. Something inside not working? Is this one of those impossible problems?
thanks

msjanket

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Check the hose in tank.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I drainedthe oil tank, washed with a solvent, and still did not run into the oil tube. I tried to tilt the saw and get the tube to come closer to the opening but it did not fall into place. How about a stiff wire bent into a hook? Do I have to take off the starter mechanism, too?
thanks

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 302s i used to have( wish i kept that saw but traded for an 026). The oil line turned to soft goo. I wound up splitting the case to clean it out real good and put new line on. Little more work but did the trick.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That pickup line is tricky to install. I did one awhile ago and recall guiding it along a wire I had bent down (and up) into the awkwardly located nipple in the tank. Used Tygon that I had preformed a bell end on, so as to work onto the nipple easier. Had to use some funky curved crucible tongs from the lab to help with seating the line in place.

That pump design was used all the way up through their lineup. Bullet proof and capable of keeping a 28"+ bar wet if your needing-lol.