New oiler.
New meteor piston kit.
Ported and .017" cut off base.
New numbers
102-124-78 with .023" squish
Timing advanced to 30*
Dual port MM
And possibly a few thing I forgot.

I'm running a 28" bar. I like the balance of it really well.

The chain is just a generic chain with the safety rackers or what ever they are call....
What do you all recommend for a chain on this saw?

In the near future I plan on:
Raising the transfers to 120-122.
Checking the partition for clearance.
Checking and possibly trimming cylinder extension.

Any feed back would be great. I would like to hear your opinions....

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the deflector you made, but i dont think i could bri g myself to cut up my top cover to do it. In my mind exhaust like to flow in columns of air. So in my mind a single large outlet should offer better performance then a dual port. Maybe im wrong..... Very nice work glad you got a plan of things to follow up on from members around here. Myself if im practicing id do that on the aftermarket set and do my final work on the oem. You can also make your oem a long bar setup and the meteor your play toy gtg setup. Nice work and i also am a proponent of this chassie having 6 of them from the loly 625/61 2 630 a 630/266 hybrid a 630 268cp a 670. One of my 630s has a 162 topend on it. All have been messed with in some way also.

roadster27

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I like the deflector you made, but i dont think i could bri g myself to cut up my top cover to do it. In my mind exhaust like to flow in columns of air. So in my mind a single large outlet should offer better performance then a dual port. Maybe im wrong..... Very nice work glad you got a plan of things to follow up on from members around here. Myself if im practicing id do that on the aftermarket set and do my final work on the oem. You can also make your oem a long bar setup and the meteor your play toy gtg setup. Nice work and i also am a proponent of this chassie having 6 of them from the loly 625/61 2 630 a 630/266 hybrid a 630 268cp a 670. One of my 630s has a 162 topend on it. All have been messed with in some way also.
Thanks. I have heard several theories on exhaust flow. My idea on this one is that the expanding gas will hit the front of the muffler and split, balancing the pulse between the two port or something like that. Lol. We'll see. It seams to be running well though right now...

Being that this saw was sold at auction. The top cover has some shops initials carved and painted into the back of it so I was going to find a better one at some point. Cutting up this one wasn't a big loss. Plus I kinda like the look. I know it's not for everyone.

I agree with you on the cylinder. If I could have done it over I would have done the a/m cylinder first. But I started on the oem and can't go backwards. Lol. At least these things aren't as hard to find like a 2100 cylinders. That is the reason for the practice on this saw and all the others I do in the next little while. I will be putting a 395 piston in one of my 2100's (looking for a good stock 2100 bridge style piston for the 2nd one). I'll only get one shot at the 2100 (we'll I do have 3 cylinders, I'll start with the worsted one) when I decide to do it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oregon lgx chain is cool. I haven't tried the exl or what ever the new stuff is.

And on the 346 build stick with the oem jug it's way better and can be found cheaper than meteor.

roadster27

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oregon lgx chain is cool. I haven't tried the exl or what ever the new stuff is.

And on the 346 build stick with the oem jug it's way better and can be found cheaper than meteor.
Thanks for the chain recommendation. I will check then out.
I have read up on the 346xp's and found the same information about staying with oem. I will be sticking with the factory Mahle cylinder it has great comp and is a real good runner! No reason to down grade! Lol. The saw looks to have had someone inside it at some point but being as I don't have anything smaller than 72cc at the moment the 346 will be staying together for a while....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to poo in the punch bowl but, I know why "ratrod"27 wont post a video. I've seen it in person. It runs about as hard as that car in his pic does. Like hammered dog s***. He's a horse thief and even worse, a bad judge of whiskey....
Lol welcome and you'll fit right in here.

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to poo in the punch bowl but, I know why "ratrod"27 wont post a video. I've seen it in person. It runs about as hard as that car in his pic does. Like hammered dog s***. He's a horse thief and even worse, a bad judge of whiskey....

Best. First. Post. Ever.

roadster27

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
LOL. Who the F*** is this..? Will, if that's you, I'm gonna kick you square in the D**k!!!

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love the cover mod. Been thinking of doing the same on 262’s. It looks factory.

I’d add some heat tape under the top if I were you, around that deflector area.

The work is great looking.

I’ve got an extra 272 jug I bought with hopes of shoehorning onto a 262XP, but it dont look like that will ever happen. If you ever need it, PM me.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love the cover mod. Been thinking of doing the same on 262’s. It looks factory.

I’ve got an extra 272 jug I bought with hopes of shoehorning onto a 262XP, but it dont look like that will ever happen. If you ever need it, PM me.
Cut the extension off that bitsh and mount it on an 036.
You’re welcome....

roadster27

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Thanks. Good idea on the heat tape. Think I'll be doing that shortly.