(First Post) porting help

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a cheap right angle grinder and the first thing I'm going to do is try and open the upper transfers up on that after market cylinder. They were tiny and all I could do was open the first 1/8" or so with the tools I have. I'll put it on my 365 and post the results.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a cheap right angle grinder and the first thing I'm going to do is try and open the upper transfers up on that after market cylinder. They were tiny and all I could do was open the first 1/8" or so with the tools I have. I'll put it on my 365 and post the results.

What did you get for a RA?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are actually pretty sweet, except for the size. It's hard to get inside anything under 48 mm. But the bearings inside the head unit last a hell of a lot longer then they do in an MC182
That good to know. I order the foot pedal so I could get into the transfer before turning it on. It's a little big, 41mm from the collet to the back, so I figured it would be a little safer with the pedal.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are actually pretty sweet, except for the size. It's hard to get inside anything under 48 mm. But the bearings inside the head unit last a hell of a lot longer then they do in an MC182
Do they blow chips in your face and eyes?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That good to know. I order the foot pedal so I could get into the transfer before turning it on. It's a little big, 41mm from the collet to the back, so I figured it would be a little safer with the pedal.

It's easy to stall out by applying too much pressure from your hand and then adjust if needed.

Do they blow chips in your face and eyes?

Comes out of the accordion pipe that hooks to the end of the grinder.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's easy to stall out by applying too much pressure from your hand and then adjust if needed.

Comes out of the accordion pipe that hooks to the end of the grinder.
I guess I was 6 hours too late.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Instead of looking from outside the exhaust port, try looking through the plug hole. It’s seems more definate.

Also, your port numbers don’t really dictate rpm. That’s more carburation.
Advance the timing as stated before and see how it does. Don’t be afraid to lean it out a bit.
Thanks for suggesting that I look through the spark plug hole when getting the exhaust timing. I tried it today and it was much easier to get the timing that way verses looking through the exhaust..