Firewood tractors

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here we call them 2 wheeled tractors.

Intresting single cylinder diesel and hand start.
Did you mean 10 Horse Power? Didn't get the 10 PS bit.

:D Al

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This tractor is actually my dad's but mine to use whenever. It is a 2018 2706E and so far has been just great. Diesel engines have come a long way since the leaky but reliable Perkins on my grandpa's 165 I used growing up. The Shibaura on the 2706 revs like a gas engine and the oil stays amazingly clean between changes. Pretty rare that you can even see the exhaust smoke too.

sanchezz32

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
As you mentioned, there is always a problem for small groups of loggers, who want to start their own business, cause they simply don't know where to get good financing of heavy machinery and heavy equipment, to start their business in forestry sphere. I've heard from a dozen of reviews all over the Internet, that there are plenty of awesome offers and business plans which company called Pivotal can suggest to forestry company with any amount of people. I don't know for sure is that true or not, but that's what they say..

Last edited:

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is always a problem for small groups of loggers, who want to start their own business, cause they simply don't know where to get good financing for couple of heavy machinery and heavy equipment, to start their business in forestry sphere.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up. I've been busy getting a solar array installed on my shed, but I did use my Farmi winch to pull out our stuck sedan the other day and I got excited to head to the woods and "get to logging" as our friend Tim Strunk would say. Maybe later this week I'll have some time to get out there.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 216973 So I picked up this new Holland TV140 articulating tractor, we’ll see how well it works

I've definitely thought that one of those would be super slick, especially with the rear loader, or a 3 point snowblower. I've never been in one though. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The seat and console spin around. Nice for getting in tight and it’s supposed to be the #1 loading tractor....but as far as skidding goes it’s no different than a regular tractor.
It’s a bit larger than my Case all the way around. 105 vs 90 hp, so not much difference there.1A805907-AAC3-46D5-B88E-38C58C642E2E.jpeg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The seat and console spin around. Nice for getting in tight and it’s supposed to be the #1 loading tractor....but as far as skidding goes it’s no different than a regular tractor.
It’s a bit larger than my Case all the way around. 105 vs 90 hp, so not much difference there.View attachment 216984
Great looking rig.