Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The site he linked to says $3795, which I actually think is pretty darned good. The igland might be a little cheaper, but the uniforest has some cool things going for it. I like the chainsaw holder a lot, and the chain storage is a lot better than what's on my Farmi. Plus, as Josh mentioned, the weight and the clutch make it seem pretty heavy duty, on paper anyway. Oh, and more cable capacity. 230' for the uniforest, which is a TON of cable!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The site he linked to says $3795, which I actually think is pretty darned good. The igland might be a little cheaper, but the uniforest has some cool things going for it. I like the chainsaw holder a lot, and the chain storage is a lot better than what's on my Farmi. Plus, as Josh mentioned, the weight and the clutch make it seem pretty heavy duty, on paper anyway. Oh, and more cable capacity. 230' for the uniforest, which is a TON of cable!
Hopefully performance lives up to what it looks like on paper.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started pulling logs on my land today. Very happy with the winch. Wish I bought one years ago.

My wife was impressed by pulling this set of 3...that noise that sounds like a honk is her...lol! She is now fully in my corner with the awesomeness of having a skidding winch...WIN!

I’m happy with this pile after only 4.5 hours of working as the feller and Skidder driver. Glad my wife was setting chokers and stuff, saved me a lot of back and forth between the tractor and logs. If we hit it for a full day tomorrow we should be able to get 30 logs out in a day.

92C51204-3060-4CB5-8A67-88FE109F615F.jpeg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's one you won't see very often .1954 Oliver OC6 crawler .In essence it's an Oliver super 77 on tracks ,around 35 HP ,216.5 cu inch engine,gasoline . When it was tested for the Nebraska test it was one of the very few that pulled more that it's weight . Bare tractor around 6600 pound ,as shown 9800 .Home made blade assembley as these were designed as ag tractors . Even as small as it is it will pull a fair sized log.

Attachments

• al's saws 054.jpg
    al's saws 054.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's one you won't see very often .1954 Oliver OC6 crawler .In essence it's an Oliver super 77 on tracks ,around 35 HP ,216.5 cu inch engine,gasoline . When it was tested for the Nebraska test it was one of the very few that pulled more that it's weight . Bare tractor around 6600 pound ,as shown 9800 .Home made blade assembley as these were designed as ag tractors . Even as small as it is it will pull a fair sized log.

Very cool!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool machine. I’d be a liar if I said I didnt want a small dozer.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if you buy an old crawler be prepared to do some work on them .That Oliver I've rebuilt the under carriage ,rebuilt the engine replaced the brake bands and replaced the large gear on the finals .Had a tool maker buddy make one of the gears on the planetary transmission . I had a little Oliver HG once and I spent more time working on it than I did operating it . I've got the OC-6 and 3 D4 Cats .
I only originally had $200 in that Oliver but as of now I'd say I have another $1500 in it plus hours and hours of wrenching .Not to mention the hours and miles trying to find parts for a machine not built for over 50 years .

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started pulling logs on my land today. Very happy with the winch. Wish I bought one years ago.

My wife was impressed by pulling this set of 3...that noise that sounds like a honk is her...lol! She is now fully in my corner with the awesomeness of having a skidding winch...WIN!

I’m happy with this pile after only 4.5 hours of working as the feller and Skidder driver. Glad my wife was setting chokers and stuff, saved me a lot of back and forth between the tractor and logs. If we hit it for a full day tomorrow we should be able to get 30 logs out in a day.

View attachment 161920
That’s some real nice logs