Firewood tractors

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always a good day when a new tractor arrives! Today, Dad traded in his problematic Mahindra on a new Massey Ferguson 2706E with loader. His farm surrounds our house so it's mine when he is not using it. I'm pretty stoked about it, will post pics tomorrow. Gotta clear out a spot in the shed so it can hang out with it's grandpa.
:clapclap:
That's great!
The neighbor we share a driveway with just got a bx with a backhoe this week.
I'm thinking if I have any shoveling to do I know who's door to knock on lol.
Hope you, I mean your dad enjoys the new ride :).

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's great!
The neighbor we share a driveway with just got a bx with a backhoe this week.
I'm thinking if I have any shoveling to do I know who's door to knock on lol.
Hope you, I mean your dad enjoys the new ride :).

Those things look handier than a pocket on a shirt. They get crazy money for them, so I'll probably never own one, but a guy can see where they'd be really useful.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those things look handier than a pocket on a shirt. They get crazy money for them, so I'll probably never own one, but a guy can see where they'd be really useful.
Yes, it's cute, I wouldn't mind having one, my son would like it, but I don't see me buying one for him anytime soon at 20k plus with the backhoe :eek:. Maybe if I can get a deal on one that might change :D.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always a good day when a new tractor arrives! Today, Dad traded in his problematic Mahindra on a new Massey Ferguson 2706E with loader. His farm surrounds our house so it's mine when he is not using it. I'm pretty stoked about it, will post pics tomorrow. Gotta clear out a spot in the shed so it can hang out with it's grandpa.
:clapclap:
Nice! Can’t beat the thrill of a new toy like that. Having run my Deere for a year now a want for a 4x4 tractor is starting to well up again. Not buying anytime soon, but my land has definitely exposed some limitations of a heavy 2wd machine.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I currently have 2 John Deere 3005’s for sale and a JD 1070 with a Woods Backhoe for sale. Just FYI guys, if your looking for a tractor and don’t mind a drive I always have something here.

I can help you both out, lol.

Just saying. Ha, Rye

Don't know anything about the 3005, but those 1070s are tough as nails. Some friends of mine have one in CA, and that thing has been rode hard and put away wet for a couple decades. Still runs like a top.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Harry Ferguson and Massey Ferguson tractors have always been a part of my life. My grandfather bought a 165 new around 1970, spent alot of summer days cutting and raking hay with it. My sister and her husband have it today. When I was a little kid we had a TO-30. I've had my avatar 1955 TO-35 since 2007 and it runs great. Hopefully, my daughter will inherit the new 2706 someday.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New Massey tractors use Mitsubishi engines correct???

Some of them very well may. Tractor data says that one has a Shibaura engine and the tractor is made by Agco. I know some of their stuff was made by Iseki too. Iseki and Shibaura are both top notch Japanese OEMs. My New Holland tc29d is a Shibaura.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a 100% USA made tractor under 100 HP? I think JD used to do one but they went to India for their smaller ones a few years back. Not sure who does what these days. Happy with my Korean tractor but just wondering if there are any sub-100HP tractors made in America from local (not imported) ingredients.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There isn't anything power equipment wise that is 100% usa made, parts are sourced from all over or contracted out all over world. Like the auto industry .
Yep, and i refuse to purchase a tractor for that reason. My money goes to funding halter horses for skidding logs, guns and saws. Horses are more reliable than tractors if you can get them to listen lol

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But yelling at a tractor, you get no response lol. And like a dog or cat, a horse is also a companion animal, well for me anyhow. I got real tired or working on heavy equipment daily, so im a bit bitter towards them now. I used to love skidden logs with a mountain logger model H with 3-53 driptroit, but anymore, I like the silence of using animals to pull, and the slow pace, cause im slowing down too lol