High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Cut and split this evening.....mostly mesquite, along with some oak, juniper, and mulberry....all desert grown here in southern Arizona....Right now we get up to low 70's in the day and low 30's at night. Wood stove is nice at night....

pL3Hudv.jpg

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cut and split this evening.....mostly mesquite, along with some oak, juniper, and mulberry....all desert grown here in southern Arizona....Right now we get up to low 70's in the day and low 30's at night. Wood stove is nice at night....

pL3Hudv.jpg

The high is 24 here today. The wood stove is the only source of heat in this house, so it is critical today...

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious why you don't just cut the tree into lengths while on the woods? Rather than drag it out?
I cut all my wood to 16" lengths. Then just load it and stack it...

I can't speak for battle cross, but I much prefer to skid logs out and process later/elsewhere. Here's why:
1: you can take full advantage of the best times to have equipment in the woods and process firewood any ole time it's convenient.
2: it's safer bucking wood on flat, unobstructed ground that it is tripping over sticks etc in the woods
3: I buck my wood on my gooseneck trailer. Then I pull my splitter right next to it. The logs are loaded with a tractor, and I don't have to "lift" the rounds to get them onto the splitter.