High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long do you let it dry before you burn it? Does it cause creosote in your chimney?

I personally like to let it dry for 9 months to a year after splitting the wood up. I don't worry about creosote in my wood stove, I have a straight pipe up and burn a hot fire. When I do clean my pipe , there is a little build up of creosote near the top where its cools off the quickest. Here is a picture of my stove. I just finished re-doing this wall with a Cedar mantle I installed and new hearth I built from scratch.
Ryan20180323_051600.jpg

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally like to let it dry for 9 months to a year after splitting the wood up. I don't worry about creosote in my wood stove, I have a straight pipe up and burn a hot fire. When I do clean my pipe , there is a little build up of creosote near the top where its cools off the quickest. Here is a picture of my stove. I just finished re-doing this wall with a Cedar mantle I installed and new hearth I built from scratch.
RyanView attachment 158026

Beautiful set up by the way

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well a while back I posted that a friend of ours started clearing a good sized piece of land. Before my father and I got in there he and a few guys cleared a section so he could haul out a bunch of fill sand. They piled all the wood early summer and One of his employees was going to hire a log truck to come in and get the pile and bring back to his house. Meanwhile early in the fall he had a clear cut her come in and take a lot of the wood can’t blame him he’s got to get going and time is money and I was a little bit bummed out that I didn’t have more time to get in there and cut more trees down. Don’t get me wrong I got a lot of wood out of there and split it at my house for next year. Well come to find out for some reason the employee isn’t taking the wood that’s in the pile and wants it out of there. So the “honey” hole continues to produce. Lol. I can’t get up there fast enough because of the daylight made a good dent in it on Sunday. There are going to be other guys that want to piece of the pie and obviously they should be able to have some. However by the time they get motivated to come get it I’ll have all that I want.

Taking a ride to Massachusetts on Saturday to pick up our new super splitter I think my father finally sees the light. He sells the firewood on the sideand I am the free labor. I told him I will split every stick he sells but I need a new weapon. Lol. Got to keep dad going. He’s hurting physically and I want him to feel productive as he approaches 70. If he stops doing this we are all in for a miserable time. There’s still plenty that he can do but lifting rounds is not one of them.
96b16c19e7648582ceb431f404386b4f.jpg
fa0ba352171975f059b341bbc3cd15f3.jpg
0a061f17dc59903cd3a091c0bed3b5b4.jpg
41aadabc3d0d0e30dd0dd3613ab71844.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am also amazed ,like I’m sure many of you are, the amount people that say they want firewood but *b-word and moan about going to get it or doing the work. If these guys cut out of that pile Two or three times a week and put it in back of a couple pick ups that pile would be gone for the amount of time it’s been there

How about everyone else are there times where there’s competition for the wood and it’s a matter of who can get it out of there the fastest? Lol.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well a while back I posted that a friend of ours started clearing a good sized piece of land. Before my father and I got in there he and a few guys cleared a section so he could haul out a bunch of fill sand. They piled all the wood early summer and One of his employees was going to hire a log truck to come in and get the pile and bring back to his house. Meanwhile early in the fall he had a clear cut her come in and take a lot of the wood can’t blame him he’s got to get going and time is money and I was a little bit bummed out that I didn’t have more time to get in there and cut more trees down. Don’t get me wrong I got a lot of wood out of there and split it at my house for next year. Well come to find out for some reason the employee isn’t taking the wood that’s in the pile and wants it out of there. So the “honey” hole continues to produce. Lol. I can’t get up there fast enough because of the daylight made a good dent in it on Sunday. There are going to be other guys that want to piece of the pie and obviously they should be able to have some. However by the time they get motivated to come get it I’ll have all that I want.

Taking a ride to Massachusetts on Saturday to pick up our new super splitter I think my father finally sees the light. He sells the firewood on the sideand I am the free labor. I told him I will split every stick he sells but I need a new weapon. Lol. Got to keep dad going. He’s hurting physically and I want him to feel productive as he approaches 70. If he stops doing this we are all in for a miserable time. There’s still plenty that he can do but lifting rounds is not one of them.
96b16c19e7648582ceb431f404386b4f.jpg
fa0ba352171975f059b341bbc3cd15f3.jpg
0a061f17dc59903cd3a091c0bed3b5b4.jpg
41aadabc3d0d0e30dd0dd3613ab71844.jpg

Very nice saws and tons of wood, nice score. I am in the same boat with my Dad and father in-law, both wood maggots like myself. They are both getting ready to turn 70. They are liking the wood splitter , much easier on the body and for selling firewood, its a must.
Ryan

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am also amazed ,like I’m sure many of you are, the amount people that say they want firewood but *b-word and moan about going to get it or doing the work.

What amazes me is the people that either can't or won't cut their own, but *b-word and moan about the price. And the price in OK, especially my area, is dirt cheap ($60-65 per face cord picked up, not delivered) imo; sometimes I see it cheaper ( I have seen $50 per face cord delivered). To be honest, it really isn't worth it. I could make more money working OT or just about anything for that matter. I just do it because I enjoy it, and I can do it with my sons.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here with prices. They average about 50-55 a facecord and delivery is only a little bit more added on. If it wasnt for the enjoyment I would only cut for myself as well.

I thought you would get more up north...probably have to get in the city to get the higher prices.