High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thaaaats a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is. I'd love a compact telehandler and a wheel loader and an excavator and a skid loader and a nice sized utility tractor, but it's not in the cards for me. A large hydrostatic CUT is a heck of a handy machine. That's 40% of a cord of softwood on the forks, plus it'll run 3 point implements too. If I could pick only one machine to do my tasks it'd be a big CUT, though I'd trade mine for a cabbed model with all the bells and whistles in this dream scenario.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is. I'd love a compact telehandler and a wheel loader and an excavator and a skid loader and a nice sized utility tractor, but it's not in the cards for me. A large hydrostatic CUT is a heck of a handy machine. That's 40% of a cord of softwood on the forks, plus it'll run 3 point implements too. If I could pick only one machine to do my tasks it'd be a big CUT, though I'd trade mine for a cabbed model with all the bells and whistles in this dream scenario.

Do you get all your wood from your property ?It looks like you have a lot of land

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You see the fiskars there right? Ive never owned a splitter. Still lots of labor stacking.:)

My dad used to have a 2 wheel drive loader similar to that one. I remember when I was like 8 yrs old he was stacking the wood just like you have in the bucket. I was sitting in the cab with the engine off and I forgot that the hydraulics would lower the bucket still. Well he just got done filling the bucket up and I pushed the control lever up and out and I dumped the whole thing right in front of him. He looked up at me and looked at him and I ran in the house as fast as I could. Lol.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you get all your wood from your property ?It looks like you have a lot of land

No, though I do cut a lot here. I only own 20 acres, but I also cut on my dad's 20 which is adjoining. Half of the land is wooded with pretty dense hardwoods. We burn a lot though. Between the houses and the sugarbush we probably go through close to 20 cords a year, plus I like to sell a few.

Every year I try to buy a truckload of logs if I can find it for under $100/cord delivered. I also get some dump trailer loads delivered from my buddy who has a one man tree service. No wrong was to get firewood I figure.