High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Enjoy the time you have cutting with your son.
My boys still talk about our wood cutting forays. Some days, we spent the entire day working. Others, we intended to work but ended up working a few hours and spending the rest of the day shooting .22's, bows or just cooking up some backstrap, from a recent deer hunt, and sitting around discussing life.
They're grown with their own families now and have moved away.
I really miss those days, they were special.
I'm now a one man band and even though I love being in the woods and running my saws, there's something missing, that is gone forever.
Enjoy the time with your son, those are days that will define the man he becomes.
Thanks for the kind words. I still remember cutting wood with my dad. He used to change my diaper in the woods I was so little. I still remember loading his 1976 F250 to the top of the side boards he had made. I remember the first time he let me run a saw, an old Pioneer. I also remember the time he threw a Mac in the river because it wouldn't start! Great memories with my dad. He is still burning wood, but I am starting to have take over the cutting duties. He still splits by hand so I hand pick the 10-12" red oak for him.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You sure did. Looks like a mighty fine job you did there. Nice looking cuts on the butt of the tree there too.
I think I started the back cut a little to high....

It was getting my heart rate up some...there is just something about wedging over a tree that could fall into your house that gets the nerves going....

I could just tell that somewere the boss was looking out the window at me LOL!!!
:risas3:

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I started the back cut a little to high....

It was getting my heart rate up some...there is just something about wedging over a tree that could fall into your house that gets the nerves going....

I could just tell that somewere the boss was looking out the window at me LOL!!!
:risas3:

Well I would probably have pulled it over. That would have made me nervous also.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really miss those days, they were special.
I'm now a one man band and even though I love being in the woods and running my saws, there's something missing, that is gone forever.
Enjoy the time with your son, those are days that will define the man he becomes.
Not a truer word spoken. Mine will be 18 in June and that time has come.

Since I'm pretty much solo now, I found this tool to help hold logs/limbs. Been working my pile over , cutting small stuff first.

IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i got a log jack and i like it alot so no more hitting the hidden stuff you cant see
I have one too but it was a gift to me and it's a cheaper unit. I bent it a little twice so I don't use it much. I think it was from Tractor Supply Co. Have you seen the LogOx? The co. co-owner is on FHC. Nice tool!