High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My new firewood log pile, saw for scale, Dolmar PS-7900 & 20" bar:
DSC04648.JPG DSC04649.JPG
DSC04651.JPG DSC04654.JPG

There are 4-5 nicely sized logs, the rest of them are rather small diameter.

All the smaller diameter logs seem to have been standing dead trees.
Most of them are showing decay of the outer ring directly under the bark that is falling off in large chunks.

These small diameter logs are the worst quality firewood logs that I have received the past 10 or so years - in this large quantity that is! :(

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's getting towards that time of year even if it was 97 here in Nebraska today. We've been stockpiling all summer and I'm looking forward to cooler weather and splitting some of the stash for next year. Also have a pretty good supply of year old and dead when cut logs to keep my self entertained over the winter. We are setting up to split inside this year which will be nice on the really cold days. Just need to get a little pipe lined up to run the splitter exhaust outside. The last 2 weeks have been really great brought in about 50,000 lbs of locust which should provide some serious BTU' next year. View attachment 88094 View attachment 88095
View attachment 88096 View attachment 88097 View attachment 88098
Man very rarely am I shocked, I haven’t been on the forums for while, (busy in real life), but damn pics like this make me haopy to be back!!!

I hate to, but have to aske, were, why and how do you get all they grade A wood man????

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread. Guess I need to grab my camera and take pics. We just finished up wood cutting for this year. Cut about 15 ricks for my Dad. 12 of those 15 ricks came from one tree...100ft ash tree that measured 134" circumference at 24" off the ground. (That one shook the woods when it hit the ground). Also dropped and cut up two 80 ft. ash trees that were 23" and 26" diameter at the stump. Since we had wood left over from the mild winter last year, we didn't need to cut quite as much this year. My Dad and I both heat our homes with outdoor wood furnaces. We currently have, in stock, about 60 ricks total for this winter. In an average winter we will burn about 50 ricks total (both houses). Our "ricks" measure 4' x 8' x approx. 21" wood length. So we have approx. 25-27 cords of wood right now.

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man very rarely am I shocked, I haven’t been on the forums for while, (busy in real life), but damn pics like this make me haopy to be back!!!

I hate to, but have to aske, were, why and how do you get all they grade A wood man????

I cheat by having a tree service and making firewood from the left overs. I have a couple full time employees and it keeps some money coming in when things get slow in the winter. Central Nebraska can be anyone’s guess it might be 40-50 and great for working or 0 with 25 mph winds. This gives me a backup so everyone gets some hours and has something to do when things are miserable. We have our splitter setup inside a building and work there when we can’t do anything else. I also burn wood to heat my shop and have 2 fireplaces in my house. Works out good all around.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just discovered this thread. Guess I need to grab my camera and take pics. We just finished up wood cutting for this year. Cut about 15 ricks for my Dad. 12 of those 15 ricks came from one tree...100ft ash tree that measured 134" circumference at 24" off the ground. (That one shook the woods when it hit the ground). Also dropped and cut up two 80 ft. ash trees that were 23" and 26" diameter at the stump. Since we had wood left over from the mild winter last year, we didn't need to cut quite as much this year. My Dad and I both heat our homes with outdoor wood furnaces. We currently have, in stock, about 60 ricks total for this winter. In an average winter we will burn about 50 ricks total (both houses). Our "ricks" measure 4' x 8' x approx. 21" wood length. So we have approx. 25-27 cords of wood right now.
What kind of OWB do you have and how long have you guys had it???

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hard to take pics in the basement, as it's a little dark in there, but I did get some video before too much was taken from the pile. Not sure how much, but thinking somewhere in the 12-13 cord range. Am done for this winters pile. Hoping to get out and get a good start on next years so it can start drying and be ready.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've been making firewood every Sunday for 5 weeks now. Just knocking down a bunch of smallish cherry trees.

So far though, 11 truckloads and 4 trailer loads of split firewood....and we are just getting started on this job.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've been making firewood every Sunday for 5 weeks now. Just knocking down a bunch of smallish cherry trees.

So far though, 11 truckloads and 4 trailer loads of split firewood....and we are just getting started on this job.
Where's the pics boss?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Split 5 trailer loads Monday. I had a hard time getting outta bed Tues!
18886084-FA41-4A78-A863-4E42083D4083.jpeg

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Get some pics. Sounds like you are making pasture.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hard to take pics in the basement, as it's a little dark in there, but I did get some video before too much was taken from the pile. Not sure how much, but thinking somewhere in the 12-13 cord range. Am done for this winters pile. Hoping to get out and get a good start on next years so it can start drying and be ready.

Do you have a cat or 2 in the basement? I would think the mice would over run you with all that in there.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Nice job sir. You have a lot of wood there, but I seriously doubt 12-13 cord. Looks more like 5 cord to me. But you have lots of wood for sure. [emoji106]

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice job sir. You have a lot of wood there, but I seriously doubt 12-13 cord. Looks more like 5 cord to me. But you have lots of wood for sure. [emoji106]
Bud just did some measuring and said just under 11 cord.