High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Courtesy of Hurricane Irma.
5_hZng.jpg
Theres your buddy again sneakin in the photo lol.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my pickup with a full cord of oak in it yesterday. We stacked it in my sister's garage and measured, so I'm sure it's a full cord. Definitely at the limit for the truck, but due to the light setup (I6, 2wd, 5 speed, single cab, 1/4 tank of gas), and high GVWR (8600#), I think I'm legal. Close anyway. rps20171029_151619.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my pickup with a full cord of oak in it yesterday. We stacked it in my sister's garage and measured, so I'm sure it's a full cord. Definitely at the limit for the truck, but due to the light setup (I6, 2wd, 5 speed, single cab, 1/4 tank of gas), and high GVWR (8600#), I think I'm legal. Close anyway. View attachment 94333

Thats a nice truck and the springs don’t look too strained

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And here's today's project. I built half a dozen of these new racks for evaporator wood. My new splitter lets me split 32" lengths, so these hold one 6' long row of 32" splits. I haven't measured how high they're stacked, but probably about 36". Now I just need 30 more of them. :)

rps20171029_153142_707.jpg

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
my neighbour bought this tractor and winch last year great piece of kit surprising what this little 30hp Mitsubishi will do

View attachment 94327 View attachment 94328
My uniforest winch is a size or two up from that one. They sure can pull a surprising amount and are darn near indestructible. A few snatch blocks and there isn't much it can't budge.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And here's today's project. I built half a dozen of these new racks for evaporator wood. My new splitter lets me split 32" lengths, so these hold one 6' long row of 32" splits. I haven't measured how high they're stacked, but probably about 36". Now I just need 30 more of them. :)

View attachment 94335
Looks good Ryan.
Why do you need so many, what all are you heating.
I have a L3800, a skidding winch on the back makes a nice ballast and bumper lol.
They are sweet for precision directional falling as well, and if you can pull directly against the lean you can overcome a heavy lean on a pretty decent sized tree. Here's one I did with it, tight drop with a bunch of power lines and the well head, it's about 22" at the notch as my 24 just made it through to set the hinge.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of our woodpiles in the background. This one is primarily for selling, but I'm not pushing any sales.
My boy didn't want to have to walk as far to pick up the debris on the ground so he backed the mower/trailer, this was his first time, I thought he did well for being nine :).

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Ryan.
Why do you need so many, what all are you heating.
I have a L3800, a skidding winch on the back makes a nice ballast and bumper lol.
They are sweet for precision directional falling as well, and if you can pull directly against the lean you can overcome a heavy lean on a pretty decent sized tree. Here's one I did with it, tight drop with a bunch of power lines and the well head, it's about 22" at the notch as my 24 just made it through to set the hinge.

Those skidding winches are worth their weight in gold, huh? I bought a used 351 a few years ago, and I'd be totally lost without it.

We live on the same property as my dad. We heat exclusively with wood, and he uses a couple of cords too, so that's about 5 full cords. Then we make about 150-200 gallons of maple syrup every spring. You can just make out the stovepipe of the syrup evaporator in that picture. The cooker will make 6 gallons of syrup in an hour, and use a face cord of wood in the same amount of time. I like to have at least 10 cords on hand when we start tapping.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
my neighbour bought this tractor and winch last year great piece of kit surprising what this little 30hp Mitsubishi will do

View attachment 94327 View attachment 94328
That's awesome! I have a 1986 Deutz-Allis 5230. It has a 31hp 1.5L three cylinder diesel engine. Its basically a toy tractor but very useful. I could see those tracks coming in handy pulling out trees. Of course the winch is the cats meow. Nice set up.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those skidding winches are worth their weight in gold, huh? I bought a used 351 a few years ago, and I'd be totally lost without it.

We live on the same property as my dad. We heat exclusively with wood, and he uses a couple of cords too, so that's about 5 full cords. Then we make about 150-200 gallons of maple syrup every spring. You can just make out the stovepipe of the syrup evaporator in that picture. The cooker will make 6 gallons of syrup in an hour, and use a face cord of wood in the same amount of time. I like to have at least 10 cords on hand when we start tapping.
Sure are. When I have the kubota on a job it's one of the first things I do is hook a choker in the tree(I bring a ladder for that). Mine is a used forester that could use a new clutch as the previous owner sprayed grease all over the chain and managed to get it all over the clutch too, but it still does a lot of work for me. I have a 351 also, it says husky on it :).

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today while being out bucking someone else's firewood logs with my Dolmar PS-6400 & PS-7310 & PS-7900, all set up with 20" bars but different chains, I finally got my own firewood.

Will take pictures tomorrow.

This was my today's work crew, the little Sachs-Dolmar 108 didn't get used.
DSC04638.JPG