High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some nice lookin wood piles there guys! Got bout half split and stacked. Mostly euc(red gum), a little mesqite and chinaberry too.
The eucalyptis came from my mother-in-laws. Used the atv winch to pull the top out of the other tree. Broke a 2000lb cable pulling it, better than broken driveline parts or bones i suppose! All in all went well, should be plenty warm this winter.
View attachment 73290View attachment 73292 View attachment 73293View attachment 73294 View attachment 73295

Looking good, especially with that makita!

titanman6100

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i just love it when people stop by and ask if you can cut down a tree for them and you get to keep the wood and they pay you to

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 36
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 29

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to cleaning up the wood pile. Borrowed the dingo for the day and got this mess cut up, cleaned up, and sorted...
IMG_4880.JPG
Somehow failed to get the after picture, but I did get the best of it moved into a nice horseshoe shaped splitting pile. Actually got some split and stacked next to the house too...IMG_4913.JPG IMG_4945.JPG IMG_4946.JPG

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then went down to to the tree service wood lot and drug out the rest of the giant pignut hickory and noodled it into submission. Once again failed to get proper pictures. I did get one of them thrown on top of the splittin pile. Mmmmm hickory...
IMG_5029.JPG

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Rob Stafari good beer and "noodling into submission" them stubborn logs, my favorite past time.

Just dumped off two more truck loads of big stubborn hickory last night that will need noodled. Then its crane day with the tree service today. Five oaks, two cherries, a tulip poplar, and a dead ash tree. Going to have my work cut out for me after work for a while.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just dumped off two more truck loads of big stubborn hickory last night that will need noodled. Then its crane day with the tree service today. Five oaks, two cherries, a tulip poplar, and a dead ash tree. Going to have my work cut out for me after work for a while.
I wish I had some logs to buck and noodle just for the fun of it - but nope, purchased firewood logs still haven't been delivered, only 4 months late and counting.

Organize a mini GTG!
I bet You wouldn't have anything left to cut afterwards. ;)

Coutu

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to cleaning up the wood pile. Borrowed the dingo for the day and got this mess cut up, cleaned up, and sorted...
View attachment 78149
Somehow failed to get the after picture, but I did get the best of it moved into a nice horseshoe shaped splitting pile. Actually got some split and stacked next to the house too...View attachment 78150 View attachment 78151 View attachment 78152
That truck looks to be in great shape! Especially being in Ohio.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have always had the greatest respect for you guys that do this for living, making it look too easy for me joe the average.
The fellow that I hired with exceptional reputation said, "can't bring the crane over, your roads are not build for it, will have to use gravity and pure muscle."
The cost was a bit more due to the extra labor involved, the crane shortcut was not possible, but him being methodical, experienced, and hard worker, after a few days six really bad leaners were reduced to a nice pile of firewood.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got the *s-word cleaned out from around the monster oak that was dropped off last year and started making headway on it. Even after being cut into six pieces, they're still too heavy for my aching back. Going to have to borrow the dingo again for those bad boys. Farmertec 660 w/32 inch bar for reference. IMG_5100.JPG

Coutu

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't let the picture fool you, it's a beat up ol POS plow truck. It is my friends and he is lucky it moves at all.

It's in much better shape than most you see around here and quite frankly it doesn't look THAT bad haha.

Bought this one out of Kentucky ~3 years ago maybe? 48k miles on it. Been a great truck and will be given to one of my kids someday if I'm fortunate enough. IMG_0053.JPG

Only pic I have of it on my phone but figured I'd share anyway. Completely stock 7.3 IDI 5 speed 4x4. I'll try to get an interior pic if you want. Time capsule. Really no other way to put it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk