High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do You all got there, a dog (Husky), something that looks like an anchor (Stihl), two awesome Dolmar's, and the fifth saw I can't quite make out but looks like a Solo (looks redder than a Dolmar).

Looks like a very nice spot, has a pond if I see that correctly.

I'd have to utilize my stock (only mild MM) Dolmar PS-7900 for a tree like that.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well there is a husky 395 ported then a 7900 7310 ported and a solo hybrid and yes the last one is a 660. That pond is the land owners back yard
meh , love , love , interesting , meh ... :rolleyes:
Just kidding , nice selection of saws You got there.
Looks like You took the chance to have some fun that day.

I own a Dolmar PS-6400 (stock) and a Dolmar PS-7900 (mild muffler mod) - it tends to be a toss up which one I pick for a job at hand.
At home I use them both.
Away from home but for my own purpose I take my PS-6400 for trees under 20" for fuel economy reasons (less to carry along).
For other peoples trees I generally take my PS-7900 along just for the fun of it - she also leaves an excellent wow factor.

That is a beautiful back yard, I understand the owner wanting to keep the trees if possible! :cool:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I'm going this morning to finish up the tree and I'll be taking a ported 6100 and 5105.you should up grade to a 6100 it's liter and just as much fun to run
I can not justify a PS-6100 whilst having my PS-6400 nor would I ever dispose of my PS-6400 because she is my own first saw and been purchased new.
Besides, I love the fact that my "big saw" chains and bars are interchangeable between my PS-6400 & PS-7900. :)

40, 60 & 70 (80) cc's are covered, but I admit I was barely holding back on a "not running unknown issue" PS-5000 and then a "barely used" PS-4600S (Speed - higher limited coil).

All in all I only have two arms, can only use one saw at a time, and barely have wood to cut to utilize more than the four saws I own.
My 40 cc's are barely being used because I use my PS-6400 or even PS-7900 for cutting branches and limbs - to oven length.

Love Your Dolmar saws choice! :thumbup:

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Instead of getting out the tractor and using my normal wagon I decided to test the limits of my 2wd wheeler and it's trailer. Worked out pretty good and it's just plain easier to get the smaller trailer closer to where we are stacking in my awning. Figured out we can load the trailer with .9 face cord. My wife and I filled the trailer 4 times plus stacked it in 3 hours. Got 2 rows done at 1.875 face cord each. Nice steady pace of swinging the mauls. She enjoys doing this work with me which I will always appreciate. 3 more days of this and my wood will be done for next year then it's on to helping my brother and mom with theirs.
IMG_0683.JPG

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not a fire until the fire department comes....don't ask how I know!!!
Been there. My uncle and i were burning brush piles and it got away on us. Caught two other feilds on fire. The fire department saved us that day.

Funny thing is the one feils was just planted and owner said that was the best crop he ever goy off that feild.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is tree job I started yesterday....it has 2-smaller walnuts, a decent sized willow, and 2-bushes....I cut and cleared the 2-small walnuts out and cut bushes down also....I started hacking away at the willow, cut some of the bigger branches off....I have a Jameson pole saw due to arrive any day, and I have to use it to keep branches off the shed...

On a side note, its surprising that willow wood isn't harder than it is....just a small branch is loaded with leaves, and actually pretty damn heavy.....

Here are the pics....I also am doing this job with only my ol trusty ms250....I have a 16" picco set-up on the ms250 and the saw flat out rips with this set-up!!!.I will only use the ms461 for 2-3 stump end cuts....
IMG_2488.JPG
IMG_2491.PNG

Last edited:

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing I don't like about that method is blocks like that will sink unless on a footing of sorts. Otherwise it's pretty slick and quick to set up.
I just threw em up quick, what I had wasn't working (did a few years) ?
My issue is moles here are bad ? So I'll see how this works for awhile.
Eventually I want a gravel floor woodshed something like this.
IMG_3092.JPG
Picture stolen from AS.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's some firewood that fell across the driveway to my house in the storm on Thursday.
Still a bit of work to do before it's ready to burn.
My wife was pissed. She planned on both of us shampooing carpet yesterday. I spent the whole day playing with my saws and tractor...........thank you Mother Nature, I owe you one.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love showing up at my friend's tree service shop in the morning to drink coffee and BS only to find out they have a load of mulberry already on the dump ready to get dropped off. Really need to get to processing this mess and get it organized. Quickly running out of room for more to get dumped off. Easiest firewood gathering around, don't want to miss out on too much.IMG_4875.JPG IMG_4876.JPG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love showing up at my friend's tree service shop in the morning to drink coffee and BS only to find out they have a load of mulberry already on the dump ready to get dropped off. Really need to get to processing this mess and get it organized. Quickly running out of room for more to get dumped off. Easiest firewood gathering around, don't want to miss out on too much.View attachment 71236 View attachment 71237
Damn that's great!!

Ya I need to take a pic of my pile, it's out of control I have to get splitting!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn that's great!!

Ya I need to take a pic of my pile, it's out of control I have to get splitting!!

Finally did a little splitting yesterday at the other wood lot. Got the mulberry cut up too but forgot to take a picture. First time I've been able to split IMG_4877.JPG since mid February when I hurt my back. Been hard enough running a saw let alone swinging a maul. Think it's finally starting to come around though. Second week I haven't been to the chiropractor and before that it was at least once a week, usually two times. Still have to force myself to take it easy though. Don't want to go backwards with the healing process.