Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok heres what i came up with so far.

6449f999943f47a064d403a0cd6e671e.jpg
5ee121e9a25f0627b785e4d997309b7f.jpg

I have some of those rare earth magnets so i took a peace of plastic and drilled it out to fit the magnet then epoxied it in. Then drilled hole in other side to fit arrow then epoxied arow in.
Not sure yet what to do for making it extendable. Was thinking i could mabe find tube of some sort to slide inside arrow or take another old arrow and put incert in and connevt with a threaded bolt after cutting bolt head off.

Open to other ideas if yas got any.

Once epoxy dries i will shape the plastic so its more round and probly paint it orange so it visible if i set it down in bush.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some of those rare earth magnets so i took a peace of plastic and drilled it out to fit the magnet then epoxied it in. Then drilled hole in other side to fit arrow then epoxied arow in.
Not sure yet what to do for making it extendable.
That was fast!!!

I am interested to hear how well the epoxy holds the magnet and the plastic. It is common to use a metal cup around the rare earth magnet (it focuses the holding power), then attach (whatever) to the metal cup. Since you can weld, you could weld a sleeve to the cup that would hold the arrow shaft.

As far as adjustability, the Accu-Stick is really precision made, with the telescoping feature. You might want to just use the piece of tape, as described for the Woodworker's Helper, and keep things simple.

I bought the Accu-Stick myself a couple weeks ago.

What do you think of it?

Philbert

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. I clicked the link you posted in your 1st post, but couldn't find the price. I will check ebay. Thanks

It's on the menu on the top of the page under "buy online". At least it is on my mobile browser.

@Philbert, I got 12 cords of oak laying on the ground here. Need them all bucked to 16". I am free any morning this week. Just a few miles into Wisconsin. If you want to put that thing to the test, you are welcome any time. I've got coffee.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you think of it?

Philbert

I like it so far. I agree, that magnet is crazy strong.
I only went out and cut with it once. I ended up sticking it near the tip of the bar of my 346 to make marks on a long large tree. I then grabbed my 390XP and bucked it up. It will definitely come in handy, especially for when I help others who like their firewood cut to different lengths than I do and not so used of doing so.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's on the menu on the top of the page . . @Philbert, I got 12 cords of oak laying on the ground here. Need them all bucked to 16".
(Now I feel like I'm on the 'menu' . . .)

I agree, that magnet is crazy strong.

The manufacturer says it has a 50 pound pull force rating. I guess that they don't want it to vibrate down near the moving chain.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I Modded Mine

I like the sleek, black finish, but like the idea of being able to find it in a pile of leaves or sawdust even more. Used some reflective tape I had (now it's even DOT compliant!).

IMG_6012.jpg
IMG_6010.jpg

Philbert

Last edited:

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm cheap, I just keep a stick/branch 18" long and a axe near by. Lay it on the log, mark it out, and go to cutting.

I've had this same stick going on 3 years now. I keep it under the seat in my truck.

IMG_20160521_162313.jpg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm cheap, I just keep a stick/branch 18" long and a axe near by. Lay it on the log, mark it out, and go to cutting.

I've had this same stick going on 3 years now. I keep it under the seat in my truck.

View attachment 51740

Is that a Fiskars X27 and a Stihl branded logrite hookaroon? If so Matt, you'll be pleased to know that I had those very tools in my hands two hours ago. I thought of you when I grabbed the x27 instead of the Gransfors Bruks. I still prefer the GB, but I didn't want the Fiskars to feel neglected. :)

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started out with a dowel rod, measured to 16", with white tape at each end (looks like a magician's wand!). Still have it, but don't like picking it up and putting it down, so I don't use it much.

Philbert

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a Fiskars X27 and a Stihl branded logrite hookaroon? If so Matt, you'll be pleased to know that I had those very tools in my hands two hours ago. I thought of you when I grabbed the x27 instead of the Gransfors Bruks. I still prefer the GB, but I didn't want the Fiskars to feel neglected. :)

Close, it's a X15, and a stihl peavey. I bought a ms460 on Craigslist a little over a year ago. Guy said here you mine as well take this peavey I won't be needing it anymore. I had just bought one at the dealer but thought OK, for free, it can't hurt to have two of them. :)

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Close, it's a X15, and a stihl peavey. I bought a ms460 on Craigslist a little over a year ago. Guy said here you mine as well take this peavey I won't be needing it anymore. I had just bought one at the dealer but thought OK, for free, it can't hurt to have two of them. :)

Nice! Not bad at that price. I have a logrite 30" Mill Special cant hook. Their tools are really great.

I got lazy and left my cant hook out in the weather this week. This morning while bucking up a wagon load of oak I was presented with irrefutable evidence of my bad behavior:
rps20170124_150213_901.jpg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cabela's charges a bunch for that type of camo treatment!

(That's why I put the 3M reflective tape on my Accu-Stick!)

Philbert

Making stuff easier to see really helps. Logrite nailed it with their blue color. No way that thing is gonna blend in with anything on the ground at any time of year. I took a page from their book and painted my choker chains a similar color blue. Patinaed steel is way WAY too hard to see against the forest floor.