USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas, I bought a Powersmith 3-gal capacity ash vacuum, model PAVC101, w/several attachments, two winters ago for my open fireplace in the living room. Works like a champ but sure wish the canisters' capacity was about double.

I got tired of scooping the ash with two small pieces of cardboard, one as the broom other as the dustpan, to get it out with. And God forbid if ya spilled any dumping it in the little trash can parked on the hearth, or dumped it too fast into the trash can, ended up with a fine layer of dust across everything in the living room.

I might hunt a bigger capacity model...if any of you fellas use one, like to know what ya got and capacity.
IMG_2111.JPG

Last edited:

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Important that the vacuum is filtered well too or you'll still get ash all over the place .

Worst thing I did many years ago was vacuum out an oil stove of black oily soot . Thought I was doing a fine job till I pulled my head out and the air was filled with the soot .
Took hours of cleaning !! :eek::eek::eek:o_O

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Important that the vacuum is filtered well too or you'll still get ash all over the place .

Worst thing I did many years ago was vacuum out an oil stove of black oily soot . Thought I was doing a fine job till I pulled my head out and the air was filled with the soot .
Took hours of cleaning !! :eek::eek::eek:o_O
It's got a helluva doubled filtration setup on it...I can't get but about one good cleaning out of it, works like a champ, just gotta go dump the ashes in the flower beds or in the corner of the backyard after about one use.

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend recently bought a Big Ash fireplace vac. Has a super-fine filter on it just for the job. She loves it.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas, I bought a Powersmith 3-gal capacity ash vacuum, model PAVC101, w/several attachments, two winters ago for my open fireplace in the living room. Works like a champ but sure wish the canisters' capacity was about double.

I got tired of scooping the ash with two small pieces of cardboard, one as the broom other as the dustpan, to get it out with. And God forbid if ya spilled any dumping it in the little trash can parked on the hearth, or dumped it too fast into the trash can, ended up with a fine layer of dust across everything in the living room.

I might hunt a bigger capacity model...if any of you fellas use one, like to know what ya got and capacity.
View attachment 47433
Very nice. I usually just use the ash tray and then sweep up the mess I may have spilled when emptying my Energy King 485EK.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice. I usually just use the ash tray and then sweep up the mess I may have spilled when emptying my Energy King 485EK.
Explain this Energy King to me? An ash vacuum I assume...what's the capacity?

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. Not an ash vaccum, but rather the sliding ash tray at the bottom of my furnace. I use my Shop vac to clean up the dust left behind. I'd love to have a through the wall system that evacuated the ash/clinkers into a 55 gallon drum outside.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. Not an ash vaccum, but rather the sliding ash tray at the bottom of my furnace. I use my Shop vac to clean up the dust left behind. I'd love to have a through the wall system that evacuated the ash/clinkers into a 55 gallon drum outside.
I've tried the Shop-Vac route, I've got four of 'em btwn Shop-Vac and Ridgid...ya can't suck fine particulate ash with any of them without them wearing out the filters because they're not set up to suck ash.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
guess im old fashioned and just use a fireplace shovel and broom.
a coal bucket is dandy for ash.
I'm with ya Jake on the little broom/shovel deal...been there, done that a thousand times. I've got some bad ass sinus problems...reason why I bought the vacuum. Sometimes 'old fashioned' doesn't quite work...there youngin.

lwn9186

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Shop Vacuum that will take the bags. Bought a pool vacuum hose and put the shop vac on the front porch, run the hose inside through the front door and clean up my ashes. Get about three clean outs before I have to change the bag. Wife won't let me use the central vac.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jason, I bought a power smith vac about 3 years ago to clean 2 pellet stoves. I clean them two times every week with it. I will say that they do filter good. I did break the hose the first time I used it, but they sent me a new one with no questions asked. As you can see the duct tape on the hose. ( not used the new one yet ) They also sent me 2 new filters because mine quit sealing on top of the bucket after the warranty ran out. I also take it to the garden before I even think about dumping it out. I also clean the filter every time I clean the 2 stoves with a cheap air compressor that sits on the table by the smokers. ( Notice cheap compressor to right of smoker ) So far it does OK, except I notice that the motor always runs hot. ( As you stated never open the top inside EVER! ) Pellet stoves have very fine ash and it goes everywhere. Big f -ng mess.

Attachments

• 100_1398.JPG
    100_1398.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1395.JPG
    100_1395.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 14