Firefighters

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone else a fire fighter out there. Surly I’m not the only one.

I’m 13 years on a volley Dept. We have roughly 45 members. We run on average 50 calls per year with additional 90 or so first responder medical calls. Our apparatus comprise of two class A engines. One f350 wild land rig, one Chevy 3500 with a front mount 750gmp pump. And two water tenders.

Last edited:

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local 1775 in Marin
Currently out on the tail end of the Shasta NF, Delta and Hirz fire
f381d75379ba4d84cbe451e3d72f31e5.jpg

Remote Medical coverage during
hazard and repair phase.
f7fee89924e8abf768bcb2c136c6946a.jpg

Bout done with 21 days out here

Erik

Last edited:

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Retired FF EMT. Just north of Indianapolis. Our department grew from 2 stations with only 6 on duty with vol coverage to 7 stations, full staffing, 6 Engines 3 Ladder trucks Heavy Rescue , 3 Ambulances. On duty Batallions, Safety Officers, Training Officers etc. A slew of white hats. A fleet of reserve and training apparatus. All units are ALS paramedic. Our coverage area has defiintly exploded in the last 25 years. Tactical trench, structure collapse, rope, dive and water and HazMat all used with growth and construction accidents.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did 21 seasons in Wildland with the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and National Park Service. I was a Captain for 12 years. It's a great job, but not as exciting as TV and the movies would have you believe.

The excitement is 1.5% of the job and the other 98.5% is: hurry up and wait, mop-up, rehab, repair, and clean-up - but it's all good.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Retired FF EMT. Just north of Indianapolis. Our department grew from 2 stations with only 6 on duty with vol coverage to 7 stations, full staffing, 6 Engines 3 Ladder trucks Heavy Rescue , 3 Ambulances. On duty Batallions, Safety Officers, Training Officers etc. A slew of white hats. A fleet of reserve and training apparatus. All units are ALS paramedic. Our coverage area has defiintly exploded in the last 25 years. Tactical trench, structure collapse, rope, dive and water and HazMat all used with growth and construction accidents.

IAFF Local 4416. Grew up Volunteer service. Whole family. Grandfather was charter member, Pop and Mom were state officers forever. Pop seen my Professional Firefighter union plate. "What makes being paid and union make it 'professional'? I asked him about International Harvester and UAW stickers on his truck. He said that puts food on the table. I told him EXACTLY.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did 21 seasons in Wildland with the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and National Park Service. I was a Captain for 12 years. It's a great job, but not as exciting as TV and the movies would have you believe.

The excitement is 1.5% of the job and the other 98.5% is: hurry up and wait, mop-up, rehab, repair, and clean-up - but it's all good.
Everyone's seen the t shirts with axe pike pole and nozzle scramble with Tools of the Job. I wanted to make a new realistic scramble of mop, broom and toilet brush...the REAL Tool of the Job!

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Retired 25 years Liberty-Eylau FD. as asst. chief. we averaged 90 calls per month including ems.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone's seen the t shirts with axe pike pole and nozzle scramble with Tools of the Job. I wanted to make a new realistic scramble of mop, broom and toilet brush...the REAL Tool of the Job!

I see pictures of the chief or other officers with a briefcase, class b uniform answering phone calls, and a schedule full of meeting for this, or that. He looks like could be trading millions on the stock market a-posed to running a fire scene.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Volunteer FF here. We have two stations, I’m a FF and first responder right now, I’ve gotta get my EMT one of these days.

At least 90% of our calls are medical

deepcreekoutdoorservices

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Career firemedic. Worked several departments in my area. Recently came back to my home county department. Fire/EMS, volunteer/full time combination, recent fire and EMS merger. 6 engines, 4 ambulances, on duty battalion chief and EMS captain, plus admin personnel.