High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fingers crossed...hopes and prayers needed

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
When you hear the term "a dog is man's best friend", it doesn't really hit home until they need your help the most. Our little best friend Paco needs all the hope and prayers he can get.
We spent the entire Christmas break and are still providing 24-7 care after he collapsed a few times from oxygen deprivation... nearly dying on Christmas morning and needed CPR to pull through. His heart has enlarged a little bit and was pushing up against his windpipe and esophagus, causing labored breathing and loss of oxygen.
He was seen by the wonderful staff at the Oregon State University Veterinary School Monday and was sent home with heart medication.
Thankfully he is showing signs of response to the medication but he's not out of the woods yet. We have a follow up scheduled next week to see exactly how much improvement has been made.
It would be one thing if he was showing signs of serious suffering or mental deterioration, but he's quite chipper and wants to do all his normal activities.

2010-12-12_19-32-22_46.jpg

Thank you very much for your moral support.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll keep you and Paco in my prayers. My pup Elke will too.
Best of luck. Sounds like you caught things in time and the situation will sort itself out.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There like your kids i feel ya. Hows the headaches been bud

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I spent all but two days last week with one. The medicine would wear off after a couple hours and I'm allowed two in a 24 hour period. I guess I can permanently cross spaghetti sauce off my menu.

I imagine if we were able to have kids it wouldn't be as much of a load on the mind. Animals aren't really a replacement for us, but we do feel compelled to provide as good of care as we'd expect if it were one of us going through it. We're not going insane on vet bills and whatnot...
which is mostly due to the luck of being referred to OSU by the banfield vet.
He's been good on us, so we'll let him enjoy what he has left, as long as he isn't suffering.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers for the best outcome for ya all.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have one kid was tough too, but ive allways had pets i dont know what it would be like without a dog in the house

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yup, and thieves fear dogs not cops.
True. Also can discriminate against breed of dog but not persons race kinda messed up its hard for me to get homeowners insurance cuz i have a pitbull. Shes a big baby lapdog

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
True. Also can discriminate against breed of dog but not persons race kinda messed up its hard for me to get homeowners insurance cuz i have a pitbull. Shes a big baby lapdog
I'm not a fan of that ignorant discrimination. Pits aren't even on top of the list of breeds with the highest numbers of attacks. I think Labradors, Chihuahuas, Rots, chows, and all police dogs are higher on the list. The Dogo can be a scary m-fer too.

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
42D4BAB6-F8F8-4720-8E01-578BED7EF16F.jpeg This is our Maggie she is a mess and is loved as one of our children!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is a beautiful dog Jim as are all the others posted. Hope his heart comes good and he gets back to good health. Its true when sething like this happens you get reminded how important they are.