Finally...

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s that time of year again for government agencies that run on the July 1 to June 30 fiscal year. I received an email about a week ago saying there were some grant dollars that needed to be spent and they wanted some suggestions. I told them all of the Wildlife Management Areas in east TN could use some new saws since most of them run clamshell saws and most are worn out. They turned me loose so I ordered Stihl 362s for everyone (6 total) and a 461 for a WMA that has a lot of big timber near the roads. I also ordered three 241s for slashing/girdling trees for herbicide application. I FINALLY talked them into professional grade saws. They all came in today and we fired them up at the regional office for a impromptu cleanup around the office. Everyone’s favorite was the 241. They liked the 362s as well.

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. We got broken into and had our saws stolen a few months ago at work. A old whipped 036 and 2 Ms250' s . I was asked my opinion on stihl saws and was able to pick out a 241 and 2x 362's great saws. Glad you boys got some new gear!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also went over basic saw maintenance, oil recommendations, the quirks the M Tronic saws have, so on and so forth. We also purchased a case fir each saw and a case of 40:1 Tru Fuel for each WMA. Most of these saws will sit on a shelf, so I figured the cases will help keep mud daubers out of the exhaust ports.

No to figure out to get mine ported.......Wonder if @Mastermind would trade work for feral pigs?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also went over basic saw maintenance, oil recommendations, the quirks the M Tronic saws have, so on and so forth. We also purchased a case fir each saw and a case of 40:1 Tru Fuel for each WMA. Most of these saws will sit on a shelf, so I figured the cases will help keep mud daubers out of the exhaust ports.

No to figure out to get mine ported.......Wonder if @Mastermind would trade work for feral pigs?

No sir. Those damn pigs are a disaster.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe they come back with a smile on their faces???

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But you could start renting them! Have you had any problems lately? They sure can make a mess in a hurry!

I was really surprised that my hay crop wasn't really affected that much by the damage.

And....no new damage. Since deer season ended, and Ricky is able to run his dogs, the pigs are scarce....

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Dead pigs.