High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally time to go to work.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Summer and all that has to be done in the summer and the biteing blood sucking bugs are gone.
Deer season is finished all but putting some equipment away like my portabale blinds.

Now it is time to sharpen all the chain saw chains and get to work cutting my 2020/2021 wood supply. I had a couple more dead ash come down in a mid november wind storm which will get cut up first.

I have some standing maples that look ugly from ice storm damage from a couple years ago I am going to take down. Have some dead really dead bark falling off Elms to fall and cut up, then I will befinished. Other than in the fall transporting to the house.

:D Al

Last edited:

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have my 2020 wood all blocked and stacked by the splitter, just need to split and stack. I'm eyeing some trees for 2021 fuel. Need the ground to freeze. Even though it was -3F this AM it is supposed to be 40's next week... (WTF).

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am not a horder guy I cut this winter and burn next winter. I do not even stack my wood.
Don't care to finger print that much.

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Started in on the Elm yesterday. Used ther new to me Polan Model 25. saw cuts great those dead elm with up to 8" dia trunks.

Surprized the saw seems to use more fuel than I remember my Brothers Allis Badged one.
But I do like it a lot.

Am bringing a bucket load to the house every time I return. Is all the smaller stuff from a couple inches and up. Is ready to burn now.

old iron

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Starting on next year’s. I did cut some trash wood for small stove in my shop. Need to start splitting!E2F3457F-48BE-431A-B66A-F86B9F3AA116.jpeg

Attachments

• 0BB30789-7E25-4E20-8CD0-E5A849C33A07.jpeg
    0BB30789-7E25-4E20-8CD0-E5A849C33A07.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 34

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cut down a big dead Elm tree Tuesday. I have filled up my furnace room nearly to the rafters with it and still have some to split and haul up yet.

More dead Elms standing yet also.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dropped another big dead Elm yesterday. Former hunter on the property used screw in climbing steps nd just left them in. I was able to get them all screwed out with out cutting into then except one but I didn't cut into it either as I had seen it. there was also a section of alum climbing stick still strapped to the tree. Appears the strap is ingrown also , haven't gotten to that part yet. there was also a small about 18" long section of ingrown chain in part of it. I figure that from where it was, was where the stand had been he was able to take down with out the chain.

I cut a tractor bucket load of 10" to 8" sized limb up. got it to the house and split it. I was prepared to do some cutting with the chain saw but it split really well non frozen with my big 6 pound maul and finish off with the husky splitting axe.

Brought it in and stacked behind the wood furnace, nice aroma from it. But thought sure the wife would scream bloody murde. She can smell the hopps # 9 I use when I clean guns with it for weeks afterwards.
She doesn't like the smell good thing I don't wear it as cologne.

Going to go cut more of it today probly some of the smaller stuff that doesn't need split.

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Went yesterday to the site of the first and second falling Elms. It had froze up just enough I was not sinking into mud up to the front axle of the tractor.

I figured i would have room left to go work at the third site but there was a lot more than I remembered leaveing there. So much I had no room left and left yet more there the really big stuff.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What remained of the first Elm I dropped in January 28th.

Dropped this one Jan 30th and cut a lot up but still a little brushy stuff to seprate from good burning stuff.
It had hunter screw in climbing steps in it and a section of alum climbing ladder and about 18 inches of tree stand chain in it.
I missed them all with the chain saws.

A load on th eway to the house.

Made a nice stack behind the furnace.

Stuff I will clean up when it drys out a bit.