High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally found me a 990G!

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
After months of searching one showed up to my door thanks to Lee. Compression is low, piston has some minor scoring but not enough to make me think any chrome is peeled from the cylinder wall. No sparky so hoping it's just a bad condenser as nothing changed when the points were cleaned. Have a nova II chip I might install for the time being to see if I can get it to run. Gonna be a full resto and rebuild on this one at some point. Just happy to have a 35 pound beast. lol Anybody have a 48+ inch roller nose bar they want to sell? 003.JPG 004.JPG

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool project...it looks like that one originally came from the Northwest with that H&S spike...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding that condenser ,just about any will work that will fit in the space provided .In a magneto circuit all it does is prevent the points from arcing over when they open .
On a battery spark you pretty much have to match them to the coil output but not so much on a mag I've found .
You could do a continuity check on the primary and secondary windings of the coil to see if it's any good and go from there .--Remember "Google" is your friend .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now ,early in the morning from the corn fields of northern Ohio an old story .My dad had an old Huskey walk behind garden tractor that only got used about two hours a year .That stubborn thing had no spark after sitting all that time .You could pull on the rope until your arm about fell off,nothing .He'd belt that thing up to an old reel lawnmower and wind it up ,putt , putt , putt .After that treatment it would start the rest of the season on the rope .BTW that thing is about 68 years old and now resides in my shop in semi retirement .