High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally found an 066, but it needs everything!

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been looking for an 066 for a while and a buddy said somebody dropped off a broken 066 that I could have. I was real excited so I jumped in the truck and ran up to his shop and he brings me out a box and says have fun!! So I get home and find out that this 066 is destroyed. Apparently someone must have drove over it because everything is bent or broken. I don't know what to do with it, the piston and cylinder look good inside but it is missing a bunch of fins. It spins freely so I assume the crank is ok and the carb looks fine. Other then that everything is bent or cracked, although it does still hold gas and oil. The parts I am missing altogether are the clutch cover, muffler, and handle. I had thoughts of trying to tig weld a few of the cracks on the case heat the plastics up and try to straighten them, mount and extra ms460 muffler I have on it and buy an AM clutch cover, flywheel and handle and see if I can get this junkyard dog running and cutting again. Another option is pull the crank and carb and throw the rest of it in the trash can. Does anyone have any other ideas of what to do with is POS?

Syqoe8B.jpg

Ztyj1g3.jpg

gK9FGzr.jpg

DfLDw0p.jpg

p9jmk5Y.jpg

ISNn2it.jpg

vsgiFOk.jpg

1zWpvL7.jpg

yHWYKoE.jpg

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the parts are usable. The flywheel is junk. They can survive a broken fin but not that many. The cylinder is the same way in my opinion. A broken fin or two is one thing but that's a lot of fins, I wouldn't run one like that. Your best bet is to keep looking for a builder and use the two saws to make one good one. Sell off any extra good parts and scrap the rest. Note, all of these parts can be had aftermarket so you may be able to utilize some of those too in order to keep costs down.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd keep looking. You have a collection of small parts there. Honestly add a 66 kit from HL and go for it.

I've built several 66s, two in the last week. What you have isn't worth saving IMHO unless it's all AM parts. If you are going to do that, well get a complete kit, and go for it. I have an OEM jug that was scored if you want it. I'll see if it will clean up...May not. I'd grab your crank, a Cross 66 top end, and go for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today and came back to say the same thing as Jimmy. You have a perfect am parts upgrade saw there.

I also would run that jug if it was for me.

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies. I tore into it a little more today. I pulled the top end and the piston and cyl are not scored, but I did find a few more broken bits like the chain adjuster is destroyed, the upper av rubber has a bolt broken in it. I think I will just hold out for another project saw that needs some of the parts this one has. The cylinder and piston look good enough so I think I run them on a different saw, what is the worst that could happen I burn them up and have to replace them with a cross.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can post an add in the classifieds here for a China 660. Many of us built them for Randy’s 2017 GTG and have more than we need.

You’ll likely pick one up on the cheap, especially if the seller can strip some of the oem parts they used off of it befor the sale.

In addition, many did the jug upgrade and there are countless Huztl 066 jugs laying around. You mention tig welding. You can make one of these $10 “useless”Huztl jugs quite useful by making it a fin donor. Cut what you need off, use a steel spacer, and tig the fins onto your oem jug.

Voilá, you’ve got a 660 with oem guts for around $250. You can’t beat that deal with a stick.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gather round sports fans and uncle Al will tell you a story about parts .I started out with a blown log splitter engine 8 HP Briggs industrial my buddy thought could run wide open no governer .Put the rod out the side of the block .I found him another ,so much for that 50 bucks . So another Briggs,40 bucks with a cut down crankshaft for a comet clutch .E-bay crank piston rod,25 bucks .Crank to the racing engine ,rod and piston to the ball bearing industrial with a patch over the block hole .So three engines all running good 115 dollars .What I'm trying to say is you never know just exactly where repair parts might come from .You certainly would not need to pay Stihl dealer prices for 066 parts if you just have a little patience .

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can post an add in the classifieds here for a China 660. Many of us built them for Randy’s 2017 GTG and have more than we need.

You’ll likely pick one up on the cheap, especially if the seller can strip some of the oem parts they used off of it befor the sale.

In addition, many did the jug upgrade and there are countless Huztl 066 jugs laying around. You mention tig welding. You can make one of these $10 “useless”Huztl jugs quite useful by making it a fin donor. Cut what you need off, use a steel spacer, and tig the fins onto your oem jug.

Voilá, you’ve got a 660 with oem guts for around $250. You can’t beat that deal with a stick.

Good advice, bout what I would do with a saw like that but only with all OEM stuff, don`t all have to be new parts,just good parts. I have 3 of them 066`s and a 064 all good runners now and don`t have even $250. in all of them. Being in the right place at the right time, horse trading and parts trading goes a long way in this CAD madness.