High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Finally, a little project for myself. :)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So, I have recently been hit up by a couple of friends to repair a few saws ranging from simple carb kit/intake jobs, to complete overhauls. I have a 346XP OE all disassembled at work waiting for parts for an overhaul.

All of this has given me a TERRIBLE itch to get a little project going for myself... Well, it's kinda mine, and kinda sorta a birthday present for my son in hopes I can interest him in beginning to learn how to fix things for himself.

So, I adopted this old relic. It's not pretty and needs some work and a few parts. But for some odd reason I am excited as hell to get it! I should have it sometime next week. Got it for a pretty reasonable price too, in my opinion anyway... I'm sure some would say they wouldn't pay a single dollar for it... But that's OK, I enjoy the projects.

Cylinder is said to be OK, but piston is toast. It also needs a carb, clutch, top cover, and brake handle. I'm planning to do sort of an economy build as this saw is going to stay stock. Thinking Meteor piston, OE Zama carb, and I'll probably see if I can hit up some of you folks here to sell me some of the other missing parts. :)

I'm really looking forward to it's arrival and making a runner out of it once again!

14549598571072137102537.jpg

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can see from here it has the plastic clamped intake, that definitely needs to be swapped for the metal clamp one.

Joe

Good chance that's the reason the piston is bad.

I plan to do crank bearings and seals too.

This may be a dumb question, but is there such a thing as an 18" bar for small mount Husky and 3/8 chain??

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score

This may be a dumb question, but is there such a thing as an 18" bar for small mount Husky and 3/8 chain??

Yes.

Though a 60cc saw should handle a more readily available, and common 20" 3/8 set up with ease.

I paid $50 for a low hour 359 with a roached piston, and a fuel tank full of bar oil. After rebuild, and porting by Zoo City Sawz it is my teenage boy's saw

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since you already miss the carb, I would exchange the Zama carb to Walbro HdA 198 or 199, and do three monkey modd on the HdA

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be a fun project. How old is he?

I am not sure, seller did not disclose and I do not have it yet. I am sending payment tomorrow and he will ship it then. But judging by the decal style and fuel/oil caps, I would say it's an early one, around 2001 or so...

Yes.

Though a 60cc saw should handle a more readily available, and common 20" 3/8 set up with ease.

I paid $50 for a low hour 359 with a roached piston, and a fuel tank full of bar oil. After rebuild, and porting by Zoo City Sawz it is my teenage boy's saw

I agree, and I run a 20" 3/8 on my 357xp. But since I plan to let my son start using this saw in a year or 2 under the strictest of supervision and a full complement of safety gear, I was thinking the shorter bar might be a good idea.

I am getting this saw for $100 shipped. I shipped a 576 PHO recently from here in NY to GA and it was darn near $40. So, in a way, I'm probably getting this for around $70. I think it's fair. That's a nice score you got at $50!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any thoughts on an HDA 175 211?? I just placed a bid on one over on the bay. Only reason I did was because it includes the air filter mount along with choke control and kill switch assembly, and I will need those parts as well. Price is right, for now anyway... It is listed as removed from a 359. I'm guessing an early one??

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My son is about to turn 12. I think the 359 is going to be a little much to put in his hands for another year or so yet. This is the reason I'm not going to go hog wild with this 359 and going to keep things a little bit tame.

He has made his first cuts using my Husky 136 and a sawbuck with me spotting/assisting awhile back.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My son is about to turn 12. I think the 359 is going to be a little much to put in his hands for another year or so yet. This is the reason I'm not going to go hog wild with this 359 and going to keep things a little bit tame.

He has made his first cuts using my Husky 136 and a sawbuck with me spotting/assisting awhile back.
A heavy saw is a good thing for young kids and newbie with a safety chain. If he rides with you he will be fine cutting with you

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Here is the progression for my boy(number three of four sons) who cuts with me.

Age 10-12 Echo 330T with a 14" bar. When he was 13 he started asking to run a "bigger" saw, so cc wise my next available at the time was my MMWS Stihl 028 Super with an 18" bar. At 14 we went through the same conversation, so he started using my MMWS Stihl MS390, and MMWS Poulan 4000 with 20" bars. It was this last year when I decided he needed a saw of his own, partially for teaching responsibility about taking care of equiment, and partially because if something broke on one of my saws, I didn't want to try to get the money out of him.......LOL!

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I
Here is the progression for my boy(number three of four sons) who cuts with me.

Age 10-12 Echo 330T with a 14" bar. When he was 13 he started asking to run a "bigger" saw, so cc wise my next available at the time was my MMWS Stihl 028 Super with an 18" bar. At 14 we went through the same conversation, so he started using my MMWS Stihl MS390, and MMWS Poulan 4000 with 20" bars. It was this last year when I decided he needed a saw of his own, partially for teaching responsibility about taking care of equiment, and partially because if something broke on one of my saws, I didn't want to try to get the money out of him.......LOL!
Not big on new ppl running a top handle for leverage reasons a small rear handle yes. Kick back gives no warning and don't care who or what is in the way

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I

Not big on new ppl running a top handle for leverage reasons a small rear handle yes. Kick back gives no warning and don't care who or what is in the way

I've heard this argument before, and though I understand your opinion, I have only ever had rear handle saws kickback on me. A Top Handle saw used with two hands, and a short bar are just as safe as any other saw. It comes down to proper training/ technique, and not performing unsafe acts.
A violent kickback is just that, violent.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
First saw I ever ran was my Dads Jonsered 455. No, not a big time "pro" saw, but what a darned nice saw!

We still have it and we need to diagnose and address the first problem it has ever given us or Dad since he bought it new in about 1986.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So do you guys have any thoughts on the Walbro HDA 175 carb for the 359?? I am guessing it is from an earlier 359. Mainly want to know if there is any reason to avoid it...

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's what I run on my 2159

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk