High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Felling Wedges

Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No falling wedges here. If things get that bad the skidder gets the job done

And if it isn't an intentional push tree then I walk away feeling like a *pretty boy

Bobbyjr

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Which wedges do you use for each season?

Thanks.

Philbert
In all seasons I always carry those yellow stackable wedges. Off hand I dont remember which ones I use in the winter
Which wedges do you use for each season?

Thanks.

Philbert
in all seasons I carry the Black Bear yellow stackable wedges. For the winter,I use the Double Taper "Super-Tuff" wedges,they generally don't break,softer plastic

2manyhounds

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tried Stihl wedges, Redheads and the yellow cheapies out of Ahlborns, they all break if you hit them enough,or maybe just not square enough. The Stihl ones just seem to last me longer cause they're expensive and not the first ones I grab

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome video! Real nice job. [emoji106]

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stacked three on top of each other a couple days ago. Any advice on how to stop them from kicking the wedges out?

Try sprinkling a little saw chips between the wedges helps them from spitting back out. Dirt works better as it’s more abrasive, but I’m usually cutting when the dirt is froze. I’ve only used this on stacking never had too much problem with single wedge spitting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a follow-up to an earlier post; a colleague told me that he was concerned about chemicals released when cutting / sanding plastic wedges with power tools, and recommended that they be re-shaped with a sharp block plane.

I tried this. It works. It just takes a bit longer. But if you don't have the power tools, or want to do something in a quieter, more peaceful manner, you can try this. It helps to have some type of vise or clamp to hold the wedges. Although, I am sure that you could also carve out some recesses in a block of wood to hold the wedges in different positions for shaping with the plane.

Screen shot 2017-12-15 at 1.50.34 PM.png

Philbert

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sometimes use metal splitting wedges if the tree has enough girth to fall the tree. They are thicker, and bite better. Take a better hit too. Once again, as far as I can create enough distance away from the outer cut with bar and chain. Tree goes over faster. Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL. Yup. And I still use it first.