High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Feeling really BAD!

Zeus103363

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So, after my Dr appt I went to work. Got off at 5pm. Picked up thr kids and came home. Feed/watered the animals and rememberd there was a tree with the top blown out behind the chicken coup. I went to investigate. It looks like a hard maple, and great firewood. I dont like the standing trunk cause it is close enough to hit the fence for the chickens. Off to get the 361. I cut the top up into approx 20" pieces. I gave the trunk a look. It looked to fall out in the wooks. Perfect i thought...i cut a face cut pretty deep. Looked good. Came around to the back side, gave a look, i usually mark the ends of the face cut so i make sure i am on top for the back cut, but kinda in a hurry, i gave it a look and went to cutting. Just as i got to the hendge, the tree rocked slightly backwards, and i panicked. I pushed and it leaned forward but stoped. Thinking fast, i grabed the face cut wedge and stuck it in the back cut and drove it in with a stick. I finished the back cut but the tree wouldnt budge. After a closer look, i missed the back cut on the off side completely! I drove wedges in but she is still standing. Any thoughs how ti save this poor back cut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any photos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wrap a chain around the trunk to keep from barber chairing. Then maybe cut a spot for a jack?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the tree is relatively stable, and there's no way to put a pull line on it which would be first choice, I'd start over and make a new face cut and back cut. (above where the other one is)
There's also push sticks (or lean a ladder up against it and push on that with a couple of guys. Get different wedges, etc. should be lot's of ways to skin this cat.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you're too high or too low borr in vertically to finish it off at that corner
I agree. Make sure it is wedged good and make your cut. Keep your eyes open take your time and cautiously work through it. If in doubt take a bunch of photos. Post them and I bet you will get some good input. Be safe!