Fathers days Huztl 365-372 kit

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20 inch. Wanted a test set up to get a baseline of the quality of them. The bar seems fine. Got nothing to report. Which is good news so far. The chains stretch a lot.
I've run everything stihl oregon carlton etc.
The upstart amazon stuff is good 72dl full chisel
Intial stretch and then good to go.
All my friends here run it now on 20" and shorter 11.00 or so a loop if you buy 4 or more.
They don't make any longer loops i emailed them.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I replaced the decomp, circlips, rings, wrist pin bearing, fuel line and filter, plus the impulse line and worm gear for the Oiler. Saw was reliable, and ran ok, I had the cylinder machines because I had .055 squish without gasket! Ended up with .018 squish 100/120/80 port number after porting it and 175psi comp, bought the west coast kit for it, but it didn’t impress me, my Stihl 361 was faster and lighter! It was a fun experience thou, but I won’t go down that road again!
DF157B0C-1D3E-4D66-B2E9-A0805F795BC8.jpeg 27A3E0B6-C8D8-491F-A52D-AAA177500126.jpeg 9D9F0BE3-B357-42CD-8845-E28D09B79159.jpeg 3664B6F0-A204-4989-B442-89AC98F14550.jpeg 3F0A868A-BF4A-4966-8CDD-49A840BB555A.jpeg

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a fun experience thou, but I won’t go down that road again!

That looks like a 365 port cylinder, not a 372. The 372 has a bigger transfer port on the exhaust side.

I've been running a Chinese 365 with the BB 372 cylinder for about 9 years. It's ported and runs a modded Zama twin jet carb. The muffler mod I used was turning the muffler bolt tubes into exhaust outlets.

Definitely go with the OEM wrist pin bearing. Some models need some decent rubber hoses, but mine was OK (probably back before they cut some costs).

Even in a stock Husky 372 the main crank bearing will fail if you skimp on the oil. I run 33/1, but a mate that has been running his Husky for 25 years has been running 25/1 and that is 3 years after I bumped it up to a 77cc saw with the modded Zama.

My suggestion, flush some oil through it.

Everyone that runs the saw is impressed. It is my 'work horse' for bucking big Ozzie hardwood. It runs a 24" bar with an 8 pin.

Considering the costs of a real Husky in Oz, it is well worth the cost.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a 365 port cylinder, not a 372. The 372 has a bigger transfer port on the exhaust side.

I've been running a Chinese 365 with the BB 372 cylinder for about 9 years. It's ported and runs a modded Zama twin jet carb. The muffler mod I used was turning the muffler bolt tubes into exhaust outlets.

Definitely go with the OEM wrist pin bearing. Some models need some decent rubber hoses, but mine was OK (probably back before they cut some costs).

Even in a stock Husky 372 the main crank bearing will fail if you skimp on the oil. I run 33/1, but a mate that has been running his Husky for 25 years has been running 25/1 and that is 3 years after I bumped it up to a 77cc saw with the modded Zama.

My suggestion, flush some oil through it.

Everyone that runs the saw is impressed. It is my 'work horse' for bucking big Ozzie hardwood. It runs a 24" bar with an 8 pin.

Considering the costs of a real Husky in Oz, it is well worth the cost.
It was a 372, 50mm bore, I don’t think it was bad, but it also takes some mods to get it to run decent, and when you consider the upgrade you have to do it can get a expensive, you should plan on spending $50-75 in husky parts, and possibly more, my clutch and rim were borderline, would slip if loaded down. If I didn’t have other saws to compare to, it would have been fine

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is how I did mine. I took the screen out of my leaf blower.
dbcbb89bc3ab998f2aacaefce17c6acf.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

kyle.kipple

Get busy living or get busy dyin...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What bore top end does these kits come with? It does not specify and I want to get me some cabers on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle.kipple

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
According to tracking it’s in Columbus as of 2 days ago. So I’m assuming I’ll see it today. I’ll measure and order when I get the chance. I’m working 12 days so I won’t be able to play with it for a few anyways.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let us know when you get it.

kyle.kipple

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It came today to my other house. My work garage is at the other. I popped it open and took a quick glance at the cylinder. The bore looks decent but some port edges aren’t rounded enough for my liking. The exhaust port looking from the inside looks tiny! The piston looks as good as can expect. The case already has the bearings and seals installed which I did not expect and really don’t care for. I’d rather inspect them first before install. Not to mention the fine metal shavings all over both halves from what I assume would be thread chasing. I’d say there’s a good chance some of that made its way to the open bearings. The case half’s are a shade or two different in color. But all threads seem intact and full. The flat where the cylinder will meet the case is nice and flush at the joint but I can see a fraction of light when pushing both case halves together and holding it to the light. I’ll do some more digging tomorrow after work and get it down to the garage.

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've helped my cousin with a couple of these kits now. Bearings seems to be the biggest thing to watch. Both his kits had bad clutch bearings that caused the clutch drum to wobble. We used OEM bearings on the wrist pin too. Outside that we had to replace a bad kill switch on one. Other than that quality seemed pretty good. He runs a big Alaskan mill, and uses the 2 Hustle 372s for prep work and such, they cut great.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It came today to my other house. My work garage is at the other. I popped it open and took a quick glance at the cylinder. The bore looks decent but some port edges aren’t rounded enough for my liking. The exhaust port looking from the inside looks tiny! The piston looks as good as can expect. The case already has the bearings and seals installed which I did not expect and really don’t care for. I’d rather inspect them first before install. Not to mention the fine metal shavings all over both halves from what I assume would be thread chasing. I’d say there’s a good chance some of that made its way to the open bearings. The case half’s are a shade or two different in color. But all threads seem intact and full. The flat where the cylinder will meet the case is nice and flush at the joint but I can see a fraction of light when pushing both case halves together and holding it to the light. I’ll do some more digging tomorrow after work and get it down to the garage.

Well, how is the build coming?