Fast tach holders

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No need for me to buy one as I don’t actually own a fast tach holder. I do have a 3D printer.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wish I had me 1 of these holders. Any for sale?
Only in black. Ill lose it. I want colors.
Hate using tacs for building but the reality is I need it for RD, again.

Sorry guys we did a bunch and moved on to other fun things. The good news is I have 2 blue and 2 black ones ready to ship. They are $25 shipped to the lower 48 states

I read the rest of your posts about your copyrights or whatever you call it. Try some engine RD. See how cheap and easy that is compared to your time invested. Thank many for their free tips.

I want your program. My SIL just got a new 3D printer.

Will you sell your program?

Keep your plastic mix. Not interested in that end just the mount program.

I figure it like this when I see someones exhaust deflectors cloned and being sold for five times what the designer and producer charges why should I pay you $25 for a 25¢ part can be made everywhere for 10¢. Right, you "earned" that for all the long hours of spending money and all your private RD, right? Plus the overhead and large investment in parts, right? Then all that time and money in materials to. Plus the manufacturing stream is tough to keep up with. And the cost per unit must be going up again, right?

I'd buy those exhaust deflectors from the designer/maker all day long because he invested his time, material and that is what I bought.
You want too much man for your effort imo. He builds actual stuff by hand your machine builds for you. If the market wants more, and it will, you'll be pushed out for the most part at your price point.

We hear you Fred.

Chris Riley

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are funny, all butt hurt about a piece of 3d printed material. First off we created this for my personal use and safety. I really love it and it functions perfectly as it was intended. I then inquired if there was any interest from any fellow saw builder/enthusiasts on a Facebook group I belong too. Guess what, people lined up to purchase them and everyone is totally fine with the price. So we made some more and continued to refine the design. In the middle of all this, this post was 4 or 5 pages in before I even knew about it. Now I have you two chuckleheads giving me grief about it. I have a great job and career and I have many hobbies that keep me very busy. So if either of you two want one, you're more than welcome to design and build your own, and find your own magic material and spend your 12 minutes setting up and printing it. Until then, keep scrolling because you won't get the file.

I appreciate everyone else's interest and will gladly take care of any more that happen to break. If people still want them I will continue making them.

Thanks

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are funny, all butt hurt about a piece of 3d printed material. First off we created this for my personal use and safety. I really love it and it functions perfectly as it was intended. I then inquired if there was any interest from any fellow saw builder/enthusiasts on a Facebook group I belong too. Guess what, people lined up to purchase them and everyone is totally fine with the price. So we made some more and continued to refine the design. In the middle of all this, this post was 4 or 5 pages in before I even knew about it. Now I have you two chuckleheads giving me grief about it. I have a great job and career and I have many hobbies that keep me very busy. So if either of you two want one, you're more than welcome to design and build your own, and find your own magic material and spend your 12 minutes setting up and printing it. Until then, keep scrolling because you won't get the file.

I appreciate everyone else's interest and will gladly take care of any more that happen to break. If people still want them I will continue making them.

Thanks

LMFAO

No worries from me. Thanks for sending me a new one. I'll be careful with this one. I snapped that last by putting it over a 3120 handlebar. Just checked.......that's a bigger diameter bar than most. So......prolly my own fault.

20180215_125838.jpg

Used the new one a few minutes ago on an 026.

20180215_124814.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! She's a bit tight yet. [emoji32]

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Whew. Nice! It'll be a Hooskie killer. LMAO
Ding, ding. And we're off. Lol

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LMFAO

No worries from me. Thanks for sending me a new one. I'll be careful with this one. I snapped that last by putting it over a 3120 handlebar. Just checked.......that's a bigger diameter bar than most. So......prolly my own fault.

View attachment 112274

Used the new one a few minutes ago on an 026.

View attachment 112275

I've put mine over a Pro Safety full wrap which are an even bigger diameter. I'm really careful when I do, it does feel like it's stressing it a bit too much.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not just use a Velcro wrap? I hear you can get those in designer colors too! Use a rubber band or zip tie to secure the tach to the wrap..., or an adhesive for a more permanent solution. Hell, ya can probably get a 100' roll of multi-colored Velcro for $25.......

......or just cut the straps off yer shoes.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are funny, all butt hurt about a piece of 3d printed material...Now I have you two chuckleheads giving me grief about it.

Sorry for giving you grief, I don’t actually want your file as I don’t own a fast tach and tune by ear. I’m not actually butt hurt, just suggesting you could have shared the file or clarified what type of plastic you were using. But you got very defensive about your R&D time, and protecting your income stream, despite your career job. I’ll be sure to buy one if I ever need one, but I’ll pass for now.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only in black. Ill lose it. I want colors.
Hate using tacs for building but the reality is I need it for RD, again.

I read the rest of your posts about your copyrights or whatever you call it. Try some engine RD. See how cheap and easy that is compared to your time invested. Thank many for their free tips.

I want your program. My SIL just got a new 3D printer.

Will you sell your program?

Keep your plastic mix. Not interested in that end just the mount program.

I figure it like this when I see someones exhaust deflectors cloned and being sold for five times what the designer and producer charges why should I pay you $25 for a 25¢ part can be made everywhere for 10¢. Right, you "earned" that for all the long hours of spending money and all your private RD, right? Plus the overhead and large investment in parts, right? Then all that time and money in materials to. Plus the manufacturing stream is tough to keep up with. And the cost per unit must be going up again, right?

I'd buy those exhaust deflectors from the designer/maker all day long because he invested his time, material and that is what I bought.
You want too much man for your effort imo. He builds actual stuff by hand your machine builds for you. If the market wants more, and it will, you'll be pushed out for the most part at your price point.

We hear you Fred.
This post is absolutely ridiculous!! You want him to charge less because YOU think it's value is over inflated as it is created by a machine!! Is that about right?

That's some stupid f'ing logic right there. Dude can charge whatever the hell he likes. If he doesn't sell any, then he knows he needs to change something. But it seems he is selling them in the quantity he would like to just fine!!

I make some things using my 3D printer which I sell also. One of which is a transducer mount for Minn Kota and Motorguide electric motors. It took me a *s-word load of time and trial and error to get it perfect, but now it is - perfect. I have had some people say that I charge too much for them. I say, "no worries, buy it somewhere else". Only problem is that there is nowhere else, nothing else like it, it is unique. I have set my price and it won't change because of someone else's opinion. Those that do buy it think it is awesome, much like this tach holder.

To the OP I say, good work on a product that fits a niche. And sell them for what you are happy charging. Only you know how much went into designing, testing and tweaking it.