Farmi skidding winch

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to go with the Farmi. I thought hard about the Wallenstein but the local Wallenstein dealer never did return my calls.
The Farmi dealer in Wisconsin is willing to go above and beyond, so that's who
I'm going to buy from.
I was ready to pull the trigger last week but stumbled across a gun collection that I bought and want to move some of the guns, before I buy the winch.
Will probably get in in the next 4-6 weeks.

Greenland South

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to go with the Farmi. I thought hard about the Wallenstein but the local Wallenstein dealer never did return my calls.
The Farmi dealer in Wisconsin is willing to go above and beyond, so that's who
I'm going to buy from.
I was ready to pull the trigger last week but stumbled across a gun collection that I bought and want to move some of the guns, before I buy the winch.
Will probably get in in the next 4-6 weeks.

Guns, like woman, win most of the time.

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I like the trailer hitch thought, but it wouldn't be of much help for me i have steep terrain property and most of the time i have to back up the switched roads. it's also a concern for me where the trailer hitch was and when you have a load of logs hitched and slammed into back of winch would it damage receiver . i also do all my work with the winch in the winter when rds are frozen, in the spring winch comes off and bradco backhoe goes on so it wasn't a feature i needed.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
srb08: Check out Northeast Implement, in Spencer, NY. They have a web site. I bought a Posch PackFix hydro from them(shipped from Austria, to them, to me). Never met them personally. Emails and phone calls. Very good people. No problems at all. Would definitely buy from them again.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
srb08: Check out Northeast Implement, in Spencer, NY. They have a web site. I bought a Posch PackFix hydro from them(shipped from Austria, to them, to me). Never met them personally. Emails and phone calls. Very good people. No problems at all. Would definitely buy from them again.
Thanks, will do.

bill saf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just came across this. I know this is some what a old post but did you get a skidding winch yet? I have a Wallenstein FX90 and it has the hitch receiver. I looked at all the winches that I could and some had some things that others didn't. I can tell you the Wallenstein has the same drum set up as the Farmi with overrun brake the bottom push plate does not fold up like on some but unless you like driving over stumps you wont need it. It sounds like you talked to the same dealer in MO that I talked to and got the same thing you did. if your still looking at Wallenstein there a dealer in IA. mine cost me about 3400.00 + 220 to ship. Im about 30 miles east of Hannibal if that gives some idea. and like every one has said once you have one why did I wait so long I know I he hawd about one for 8 years and after I got mine I could of kicked my self for doing it the hard way for so long and tearing things up.

Last edited:

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just came across this. I know this is some what a old post but did you get a skidding winch yet? I have a Wallenstein FX90 and it has the hitch receiver. I looked at all the winches that I could and some had some things that others didn't. I can tell you the Wallenstein has the same drum set up as the Farmi with overrun brake the bottom push plate does not fold up like on some but unless you like driving over stumps you wont need it. It sounds like you talked to the same dealer in MO that I talked to and got the same thing you did. if your still looking at Wallenstein there a dealer in IA. mine cost me about 3400.00 + 220 to ship. Im about 30 miles east of Hannibal if that gives some idea. and like every one has said once you have one why did I wait so long I know I he hawd about one for 8 years and after I got mine I could of kicked my self for doing it the hard way for so long and tearing things up.

Thanks Bill
I'll give them a call. They're pretty close.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My vote goes to the wallenstein. I splurged and bought a new FX85 last summer. It is a very nice unit. Very simple design, excellent finish/ build quality. One rope to engage clutch and one rope to engage the drum lock to be able to skid with the mainline. My only complaint was they offer no provisions to hold a saw, or chokers or anything for that matter. I built a chain box/saw holder for each side and added a rack to the screen to hold a few wedges. I have my axe/mauls on the loader masts so I have not made a mount for them on the winch, yet. The receiver hitch is nice as well. I haul my 5x8 dump trailer with it loaded full frequently. I'm running it with a John Deere 3520 compact. 37/30hp. Machine weighs roughly 5800 and it will easily drag it anywhere it wants if something gets hung up. Just have to pay attention to what you're doing.

AJ

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG