Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 660 kits have the only chainbrake issues i know of and there is fixes or oem part's available.

tbohn

Active OPE Member
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The chainbrake on my Huztl ms440 kit is works very well. At least as crisp as my OEM. Don't ask me how many milliseconds it takes to engage.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what does clock under certain items mean on their website
If you mean huztl i only have my phone I've only ordered part's not a kit i will look later.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a chinese 288 chainbrake for 8 year's works perfect if that counts.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking for a cheapish firewood saw and thought I would try one of these builds. I'm ok mechanically, or at least stubborn, but I am a little worried about the safety concerns. Is there any reason to think that these clone saws wouldn't be able to pass the safety standards set by OSHA? I'm not so concerned about the noise or emissions, but I would like to have a saw doesn't have a ton of kickback or where the chain brake could fail. Anyone have any experience with this, I would appreciate the help.

I don't have any experience with the stihl clones These saws are unlicensed clones and don't have any certification i bought two 365 husky clones and converted them to 372 i have run one a lot lately all safety's work properly and they accept husqvana part's so their emissions if that's what you mean would be comparable to oem.

NONE of the clone saws will pass the OSHA safety tests or meet the EPA standards.
they are a rigid set of specs with no wiggle room
Tillotson has told me point blank that they cannot sell saws here for exactly this reason.
Farmertec has said the same about their complete saws.

That doesn't mean they are inherently unsafe but that they are not safe enough to meet the standard that would allow their sale in the USA.
The bad 660 crankcase brake issue concerns me enough I would not use that version at all. That's just me.
Dave

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a chinese 288 chainbrake for 8 year's works perfect if that counts.
I ordered 12 items that would have cost over a $100 oem and cost $25 including epacket shipping. They have not gave tracking number yet.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered 12 items that would have cost over a $100 oem and cost $25 including epacket shipping. They have not gave tracking number yet.
It took up to five days or so to show tracking but in four order's everything arrived eventually.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
NONE of the clone saws will pass the OSHA safety tests or meet the EPA standards.
they are a rigid set of specs with no wiggle room
Tillotson has told me point blank that they cannot sell saws here for exactly this reason.
Farmertec has said the same about their complete saws.

That doesn't mean they are inherently unsafe but that they are not safe enough to meet the standard that would allow their sale in the USA.
The bad 660 crankcase brake issue concerns me enough I would not use that version at all. That's just me.
Dave
I've heard of them not making it through customs because of that.
I bought two assembled 365s and they were labeled as long reach brushcutters lol probably to get through customs.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't realize it at the time but I ordered a pair of Farmertec 361 copies a couple years ago and they were each shipped separately without bar and chain for the same reason.
If it got stopped at customs they only wanted to lose one saw instead of both.
At that time they told me they had to ship the bar and chain apart from the saw because if they were in the same box there would be huge import tariffs that would cost ME money.
They have silver tongues and outstretched palms :confused:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
they will have a clock counting down days and hours under "say" a 372 kit ?

Are you referring to the length of time till a bid war closes?

Some things have a "buy it now" price, others are "auction", and some items include shipping, others charge extra. Pay attention to all of it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dave knows 14 languages and speaks as many as possible lol

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you referring to the length of time till a bid war closes?

Some things have a "buy it now" price, others are "auction", and some items include shipping, others charge extra. Pay attention to all of it.
no sir. this is on their web site

sawgarage

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guess you are asking just to be sure. But my thread should be a clue I am happy.

I or my friends or people posting in the build threads have had zero issues in actually getting our orders.

We have had issues that I have been working to iron out. Being ripped off is not one of them. And that happens when you go on AliBaba with those shady wire transfers. PayPal will not pay them till it shipped and will show a tracking number in your PayPal account when it does. And if they fooled around PayPal will hold up the rest of their payments until they iron out the issue. They live and breath paypal

We had trouble when a bunch of us bought during s festival and did not know what that meant. They are interested in our business. I talk problems out with them for us all. Can't do that with many companies
I am posting about these kits in general. I and others have found these kits to be a ton of fun. I know that many will turn your nose up and that's fine, just move on. I am writing for the audience that likes a puzzle and enjoys problem solving and is capable of manufacturing a chainsaw. These qualify for you to build them on the good table inside where its climate controlled because its new and clean, until you get her to a certain point and then its an outside thing and turns into a real chainsaw.

I was an early adopter and firm supporter of these kits and a stroke of the pen put me in touch with the main guy @ farmertec. We write each other and he is very interested in giving america great chainsaw parts. I told him the outside of his jugs (they actually make) were first class but when you got inside they were dangerous to a mans rings. He said he would look into it and reports are coming in that they have really improved. I am very impressed with their commitment to improvement and everyone that sells farmertec will benefit. I am not crazy about them but am about these kits and that means the parts have a great chance of being very worthwhile, useful and priced to where your baby can drink the good milk. And only huztl offers the kits of farmertec parts @ www.huztl.net. a ms200t, ms250 fs540 are coming real soon.

You can always add a different jug, piston whatever. You can tweak it until you just get tired. I made another whats in the box video if your interested in seeing the actual parts before buy.
One warning they don't work on vacation and when they announce a festival they are at home with their families so adjust your purchase schedules to account for that. shipping takes around 10 days if customs on either side does not want to take a peak.

You had communication issues... I wanted to see your resolution. I attempted a PM, but can't seem to find HOW to PM you... I have a couple questions as my emails seem to go DAYS without responses...

PM WOULD BE great...

Thanks!!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You had communication issues... I wanted to see your resolution. I attempted a PM, but can't seem to find HOW to PM you... I have a couple questions as my emails seem to go DAYS without responses...

PM WOULD BE great...

Thanks!!
That particular fellow can be found on arboristsite he is no longer annoying the members here.

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

PM WOULD BE great...

Thanks!!
He's not on here anymore
I personally would like to see him back.