High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Farmertec Cylinder - Does this embossing matter?

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey. all,

Just bought my first chainsaw kit, Farmertec for a 361. Parts just arrived and need to do inventory.

Looking at cylinder and piston, I saw there's a raised kind of "maker's mark" or logo or something at the top of the combustion chamber (see photo).

IMG-2847-copy.jpg

Does this matter? At first I thought it might cause turbulence or disturbance of the flame front, but now that I think about it, there's other stuff that will affect flow, like the spark plug and the cutout for the compression release, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Then I thought about removing it on a lathe or with a cutter / burr, but wouldn't that increase the volume of the combustion chamber, and if so would that matter?

I'm new at this, so sorry if these are basic questions and it's not worth worrying about. Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would probably give carbon a place to accumulate, other than that I wouldn't worry either way, removed or remaining. It has a pretty nice combustion chamber and if the squish tolerance is in the low .020" range plenty of compression will still be had.
Is a curiosity why it's there in the first place.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would probably give carbon a place to accumulate, other than that I wouldn't worry either way, removed or remaining. It has a pretty nice combustion chamber and if the squish tolerance is in the low .020" range plenty of compression will still be had.
Is a curiosity why it's there in the first place.

Likely ejector pin marks from the die cast operation if they're indented. If they're like buttons, short ejector pins

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is this an indent or coming outward towards the piston?

Same with the 3 others at 6/9/12 O’clock.

They're raised. You can feel them with your fingertip. I'd like to take them down, but don't know what to take them down with. TIG torch won't fit in there.

Maybe I can get a dremel tool with a disk grinder down in there without scarring everything up...

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're raised. You can feel them with your fingertip. I'd like to take them down, but don't know what to take them down with. TIG torch won't fit in there.

Maybe I can get a dremel tool with a disk grinder down in there without scarring everything up...
Ive used screw locks of varying grit with very good results.IMG_5058.JPG