Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still have a 028wb like it much better than a 290 I used to have.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
farmboss - making the gullible believe they own a real Stihl since the invention of stupid little stickers
Are you suggesting it is a Ryobi?

Well, Popular Mechanics reviewed them last year. I don't know where they got a Solo, but the Stihl was $30 cheaper than the next cheapest, Husky Rancher, and the rest were priced up to over $700.

The Stihl was the only one with no complaints except the Echo CS-600-P to a tune of $190 more expensive than the Farm Boss. Also they always go in the $300 range on c-list and around $280 on ebay. The implication is a guy can get a new one and use it for 20 years and sell it for more than he paid for it. I'm thinking a 029-20 Farmboss was around $280 in 1991. My Father inlaw has had one since then and I've never known him not to use it.

gallery-1447784035-5-stihl-farm-boss.jpg

Engine Size: 56.5 CC

HP: 3.8

Bar Length: 20 inches

Weight: 17.4 pounds*

Fuel: 18.9 ounces

Air-Filter Access: Tool-free

Decompression Valve: No

Purge Bulb: No

Decibels (A-Scale): 111

Price: $370

The Farm Boss is Stihl's No. 1 selling saw, and you can see why. It's thoroughly engineered. Its manufacturer makes its own bar and chain, engine and most of the other components on the saw. Many saws today have an airflow pattern that takes out the worst of the debris before it gets anywhere near the air filter, but the Stihl is exemplary. It's amazing how clean its air filter stays. It seems that the company lavished attention on every square inch of the saw, from the crisply activated chain brake to the plastic retainer straps on the oil and gas caps to the caps themselves, which lock with a half-turn.

Dislikes: Nothing noted.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Course I voted Wood Boss so I reckon I don't have a dog in the fight.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still have a 028wb like it much better than a 290 I used to have.
Here Bro, I made you an avatar.
upload_2016-1-27_8-55-50.png

I voted sawtroll, cause I like some swede saw once in a while.
I counted 22 floor joists in muh maws basemint. Sorry I couldn't like your last post in time before the thread went by the wayside lol. :loveyou:

One for you:

Freddie-Mercury.jpg

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you suggesting it is a Ryobi?

Well, Popular Mechanics reviewed them last year. I don't know where they got a Solo, but the Stihl was $30 cheaper than the next cheapest, Husky Rancher, and the rest were priced up to over $700.

The Stihl was the only one with no complaints except the Echo CS-600-P to a tune of $190 more expensive than the Farm Boss. Also they always go in the $300 range on c-list and around $280 on ebay. The implication is a guy can get a new one and use it for 20 years and sell it for more than he paid for it. I'm thinking a 029-20 Farmboss was around $280 in 1991. My Father inlaw has had one since then and I've never known him not to use it.

gallery-1447784035-5-stihl-farm-boss.jpg

Engine Size: 56.5 CC

HP: 3.8

Bar Length: 20 inches

Weight: 17.4 pounds*

Fuel: 18.9 ounces

Air-Filter Access: Tool-free

Decompression Valve: No

Purge Bulb: No

Decibels (A-Scale): 111

Price: $370

The Farm Boss is Stihl's No. 1 selling saw, and you can see why. It's thoroughly engineered. Its manufacturer makes its own bar and chain, engine and most of the other components on the saw. Many saws today have an airflow pattern that takes out the worst of the debris before it gets anywhere near the air filter, but the Stihl is exemplary. It's amazing how clean its air filter stays. It seems that the company lavished attention on every square inch of the saw, from the crisply activated chain brake to the plastic retainer straps on the oil and gas caps to the caps themselves, which lock with a half-turn.

Dislikes: Nothing noted.

ST not gonna like dem facts Apey.....

IBTL !!!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks man

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
setting: parking lot of giant ope dealer near me
murray - a good ol boy and general good dude with a great work ethic and attitude despite very little education
the hombres - a pair of experienced, line clearance-certified climbers who speak English as a second language and love chainsaws, they work for the dave
the Dave - suave, debonaire know it all saw nerd, just a perfect human specimen, full of goodness and light
the fix - a Spanglish term that means a ported saw

Murray hails the dave from across the parking lot as the entire cast heads towards the sales/service entrance.
Murray carries a bright orange plastic chainsaw case.
Common pleasantries are exchanged.
Then
the dave: whatcha been up to?
murray: just dropping my Stihl off for a tune up
the dave: nice, whadda they charge for that?
murray (with pride): I bring it in once year and they change the fuel line and spark plug, clean out the air filter, tune it up and let me know if I need to have the chain sharpened for $45.
the dave: is that a 290?
murray: nah this is a farm boss, it is still like new
the dave: have a good one man

the dave and the hombres head toward the parts counter as Murray departs for the service department
the hombres (pointing at the molded case and murray's backside): {giggle, giggle} this is good saw for work dave {giggle, giggle}
the hombres: {giggle, snort, guffaw} maybe you help get the fix for this saw dave? {belly laugh}
the hombres ( in unison): gaucho ranchero {giggling continues}