Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice picts Norm, you have been busy. We are froze up hard here and its good going for the tractor pulling out wood across the ice.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ground froze real hard here, only got one truckload out today but it was a glorious afternoon in the woods, spent a lot of time cruzing the area looking for trees to take down in the future. Nice 10F with bright sun.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ground froze real hard here, only got one truckload out today but it was a glorious afternoon in the woods, spent a lot of time cruzing the area looking for trees to take down in the future. Nice 10F with bright sun.
What a way to spend the day:) I prefer the woods.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is very different working the woods here in Eastern Canada compared to working on the West coast of California conditions wise but we both run chainsaws to cut wood, best part about gathering firewood for me.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is very different working the woods here in Eastern Canada compared to working on the West coast of California conditions wise but we both run chainsaws to cut wood, best part about gathering firewood for me.
I can't even imagine. Man the snow the cold.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't even imagine. Man the snow the cold.
Our snow got all rained off this past week, the ground is froze rock hard and any standing water holes are frpoze up solid. Very best of going in the woods today, got two loads down and out, broke the reach pole on the woods trailer...LOL

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A pin oak that me and @Scotty Overkill worked on today. Scotty is in the tree.

The tops were pretty dead and it was starting to shed branches. This is the 5 th tree that we've taken down for 3 different neighbors on this block. The development is fairly new (12 to 15 years). So far every tree that we've cut down you can see that it was trimmed in the past. Someone spike climbed each tree years back which more likely than not intoduced disease into each causing there demise.

20190127_095700.jpg

20190127_110048.jpg

Screenshot_20190127-150450_Video Player.jpg
All the tops are out and ready to drop the log once we finish the cleanup. Looks like we can get a few good logs out of it! Probably close to 28" at the butt.
20190127_120122.jpg

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our snow got all rained off this past week, the ground is froze rock hard and any standing water holes are frpoze up solid. Very best of going in the woods today, got two loads down and out, broke the reach pole on the woods trailer...LOL
That's tough working conditions. Time I guess it pays to be an operater for some.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A pin oak that me and @Scotty Overkill worked on today. Scotty is in the tree.

The tops were pretty dead and it was starting to shed branches. This is the 5 th tree that we've taken down for 3 different neighbors on this block. The development is fairly new (12 to 15 years). So far every tree that we've cut down you can see that it was trimmed in the past. Someone spike climbed each tree years back which more likely than not intoduced disease into each causing there demise.

View attachment 161758

View attachment 161759

View attachment 161760
All the tops are out and ready to drop the log once we finish the cleanup. Looks like we can get a few good logs out of it! Probably close to 28" at the butt.
View attachment 161761
Nice work buddy.