High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
damn it is a strong little sucker! I've never been a fan of the newer top handles compared to the ms200t, but this has changed my mind some
Can't beat the legendary 200t. But my echo hangs great with the 200t. But this Lil 150t is a life saver hanging from a rope

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finished off the rest of last years take down, needed a Weedeater to find it, fields are full and soil is still saturated.
a5b15a92c64d8e212353ccf53f72b2b8.jpg
f53f20bc77bd4d3164f50cc54054e298.jpg

What it started out as [emoji51]
1d1bc02e283b2e5924a6b058995a51e4.jpg
a1498d0f1a0445525d113bfba2b00472.jpg
200738e8c122e29eb67a5dc730c6235f.jpg
Nice! Black walnut ay?

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
big nasty rotten beech fallen over a footpath, people had been walking under this sucker for weeks! I was clearing a site nearby and it turns out the land the tree was on is owned by the same chap, so after a walker came down saying "theres a branch fallen over the footpath" we decided to go and have a look:View attachment 68775
View attachment 68773

couldn't get machinery anywhere near and didn't have any big saws on site so one of the ms440's I ported thats my ugly duckling work saw had to put on her big girl pants and pull the 42" bar and chain. I'm happy to report that she performed far better than expected, aside from the obvious lack of oil output. not ideal but worked well in a pinch, I couldn't face going home and leaving it stood like that.

here she is before work started:
View attachment 68774 View attachment 68776

Buckin' Billy Ray StyleView attachment 68777
Man that's a hand full of a tree what a mess. Tackle it alone?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today started very bad. Woke up this morning and noticed the sink and toilet did not sound quite right. There had been a power outage for just a few minutes, so I thought maybe there was some air in the lines. The wife went out food shopping, so I was home alone, and went down stairs to get a box of Cheerios. That is when I discovered the pressure valve on the water holding tank was leaking.

I cut the power to the well pump and scrambled up to the Kitchen to get some pots that would fit under the leaking valve, then rushed out the side door of the garage to get a 5 gal bucket to dump the pots of water in. Then I would periodically rush the 5 gal bucket out the side door into the drain. I did this "Chinese Fire Drill" for about 1/2 hour, as fast as I could to minimize flooding, before it slowed down slightly and I was able to call my neighbor Chris to come over with a hose.

Chris also happened to have a replacement valve, so I did not even have to go to the store (great to have good neighbors), but there was still a lot of wet mess to clean up.

Luckily, the rest of the day went better. The guy who had looked at the MS460 I was selling actually came by with the money, and also purchased the old lawn tractor plow (I don't use it any more since I got the ATV & plow, so I gave him a great deal on it just to get rid of it).

Then, in the late afternoon, I went and took down a mid sized Black Birch tree for a guy, and he also wanted a few cords of firewood. There was some concern is was leaning toward the back corner of the house, and the bottom of the tree was rotten, but I made the notch kind of high where it was more solid, and it went down right on the money. And I got it done just before the rain really started coming down again!

This guy has a small homeowner saw, but was very impressed with how fast I was able convert his tree into fire wood size pieces with my ported saws.

All & all not a bad day, just a very stressful start!

Sorry, no pics, it was just too darn hectic!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Man that's a hand full of a tree what a mess. Tackle it alone?

Sure did! Had my two groundmen 40 yards either end of the footpath to stop all the idiots that still kept trying to walk under it! We even had one guy who started being awkward when we told him not to walk under it! ****head, you just can't help some people!

It was a challenge to take down, had to lose the lowest hanger first, then fell below the other like it was a separate tree - the trunk had split near clean up the middle - then finally fell the remaining standing section. When I came to do this I got halfway into my first cut and I heard it creaking, so I pulled out quicker than a dude with no condom and got out of there sharpish. About 5 seconds later it cracked and fell on it's own. The entire middle section was rotted out, maybe 2ft in diameter

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sure did! Had my two groundmen 40 yards either end of the footpath to stop all the idiots that still kept trying to walk under it! We even had one guy who started being awkward when we told him not to walk under it! ****head, you just can't help some people!

It was a challenge to take down, had to lose the lowest hanger first, then fell below the other like it was a separate tree - the trunk had split near clean up the middle - then finally fell the remaining standing section. When I came to do this I got halfway into my first cut and I heard it creaking, so I pulled out quicker than a dude with no condom and got out of there sharpish. About 5 seconds later it cracked and fell on it's own. The entire middle section was rotted out, maybe 2ft in diameter
Yeah I was doing a job for a oriental neighbor and start going up the last leaning silver maple seen a couple spots that were mush where old stems were cut or broke. As I get up to the main canopy to tie in I there was more holes. Started hitting the side of the tree with my beaner and it didn't have the solid sound I like I had to come down. Called the home owner he was not happy. He tried to convince me its a good tree to climb and that we should put a rope in another tree and pull the tops over. He didn't like it when I said No. I have a wife, 7 kids, 2 dogs to live for. I'm not risking my life for that. And if we did pull the tops and it don't go as planned then it will take out your power lines and cost me more than what the job pays. So had to drop the final price. Last time I do buis with someone who can't speak perfect English

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Today started very bad. Woke up this morning and noticed the sink and toilet did not sound quite right. There had been a power outage for just a few minutes, so I thought maybe there was some air in the lines. The wife went out food shopping, so I was home alone, and went down stairs to get a box of Cheerios. That is when I discovered the pressure valve on the water holding tank was leaking.

I cut the power to the well pump and scrambled up to the Kitchen to get some pots that would fit under the leaking valve, then rushed out the side door of the garage to get a 5 gal bucket to dump the pots of water in. Then I would periodically rush the 5 gal bucket out the side door into the drain. I did this "Chinese Fire Drill" for about 1/2 hour, as fast as I could to minimize flooding, before it slowed down slightly and I was able to call my neighbor Chris to come over with a hose.

Chris also happened to have a replacement valve, so I did not even have to go to the store (great to have good neighbors), but there was still a lot of wet mess to clean up.

Luckily, the rest of the day went better. The guy who had looked at the MS460 I was selling actually came by with the money, and also purchased the old lawn tractor plow (I don't use it any more since I got the ATV & plow, so I gave him a great deal on it just to get rid of it).

Then, in the late afternoon, I went and took down a mid sized Black Birch tree for a guy, and he also wanted a few cords of firewood. There was some concern is was leaning toward the back corner of the house, and the bottom of the tree was rotten, but I made the notch kind of high where it was more solid, and it went down right on the money. And I got it done just before the rain really started coming down again!

This guy has a small homeowner saw, but was very impressed with how fast I was able convert his tree into fire wood size pieces with my ported saws.

All & all not a bad day, just a very stressful start!

Sorry, no pics, it was just too darn hectic!
Man *s-wordty day for you you. I'd loose my head

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I was doing a job for a oriental neighbor and start going up the last leaning silver maple seen a couple spots that were mush where old stems were cut or broke. As I get up to the main canopy to tie in I there was more holes. Started hitting the side of the tree with my beaner and it didn't have the solid sound I like I had to come down. Called the home owner he was not happy. He tried to convince me its a good tree to climb and that we should put a rope in another tree and pull the tops over. He didn't like it when I said No. I have a wife, 7 kids, 2 dogs to live for. I'm not risking my life for that. And if we did pull the tops and it don't go as planned then it will take out your power lines and cost me more than what the job pays. So had to drop the final price. Last time I do buis with someone who can't speak perfect English

couldn't have put it better myself! I try to avoid that sort of customer if I can help it, nothing to do with racism or anything like that but it's simply another unknown quantity you can do without when you're doing what is already a job that requires your full concentration. you definitely did the right thing!

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I remove nuisance/dangerous trees I don`t let the homeowner/landowner participate. I prefer them to not even be around as I won`t work with them freaking out or telling me how to do my job. It is usually very tight quarters and I don`t want them to get hurt or for them to cause me to loose concentration. Dealing with someone that doesn`t know much about what needs to be done to safely bring down any tree is just not in the books for me, better to walk away than to work frustrated.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wow impressive amigo!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another load of Black Locust with a few Black Cherry pieces, and my 4-12' Locust posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_131623060_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170508_131623060_HDR.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20170508_131642070_HDR (Large).jpg
    IMG_20170508_131642070_HDR (Large).jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 10