Enlighten me about IPL's from saw manufacturers

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of us work on saws. Some because it is our job, and others because we want to or have to. I personally enjoy figuring out what makes something work, or not work. One of the best tools you can have for a saw you are working on is the IPL. I know Stihl had the Mediacat program that you could use to view the ipl's for many pieces of equipment. I find that tool very useful - especially the "where used" portion of it when you click on a part number (although I have had it lie to me a few times...). I am interested to see what other saw manufacturers have similar to this, if anything. I wouldn't mind having something similar for my other saws, especially my Husqvarna and McCulloch saws. Does such a thing exist, or is this just wishful thinking? Some sort of database where I could enter a part number and see what all it fits would be nice too... Like the title states, enlighten me, please!

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I have been referring to both of those sites for parts already. I was just hoping there was a program similar to MediaCat for at least the Husqvarna saws. I was not going to hold my breath about finding one for McCulloch, although it would be nice... Homelite as well...

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huskies IPL's are marvelous but not always they are correct, good example is the oil pump to Husky 254 :), same # but it's actually 2 diff pumps.
I use partstree alot, but it's not always updated, example 254 crank who is NLA, crank is still avaible in Europe but with new item number.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I need a service manual for the stihl 362c edition II and for the 261 edition II and the ipls also

thanks