efco 162/oleomac 962 service manual

Anto86

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm looking for the service manual of this chainsaw...
can you help me? thanks.

best regards.

Kbeat

OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I recently picked up a '97 Olympyk 962 (I think the same as Efco 162, Olympic 962, Oleomac 962) and was looking for an owners and service manual for it if there is anyone that has one. So far seems like a good saw, real good condition, didn't look like it got much use. One of the blade mounting stud holes were stripped so I made a "chicago" stud with a 3/8 shank and a M8 stud, other than that it's good. Sure is a bear to pull without a compression release though, good thing it starts quick :)

Thanks

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but I recently picked up a '97 Olympyk 962 (I think the same as Efco 162, Olympic 962, Oleomac 962) and was looking for an owners and service manual for it if there is anyone that has one. So far seems like a good saw, real good condition, didn't look like it got much use. One of the blade mounting stud holes were stripped so I made a "chicago" stud with a 3/8 shank and a M8 stud, other than that it's good. Sure is a bear to pull without a compression release though, good thing it starts quick :)

Thanks
Check your inbox

Kbeat

OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ray, just wanted to say thank you. People like you are what makes these sites worthwhile. I've read a lot of posts recently on different saws I have (I only have 7, OK maybe 8 now with this one, so I figure I'm a rookie here, from an Ech0 CS-670 to a Poulan 2300-AV) but it's so much easier to get into an unknown saw like the Olympyk knowing I can get some help or a question answered from others that have real world experience with it. I love getting tools like this and bringing them back to life, this one will be getting a good workout in my woods in the next week or so. Just stripped it down a bit to check it over, clean it and replace the fuel lines, now it's time to put it to work.

Thanks again to Ray and all the others that so freely share their knowledge and wisdom with the rest of us :)