Eclipse mania

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live well off the beaten track, about 20 miles from the centerline of the Eclipse
The groupies are starting to arrive.
Reminds me of the parking lot at a Grateful Dead concert..........or worse. Lots of Tie dye and dreads. No evidence of personal hygiene.
I've had to evict several groups, who sat up camp next to the creek that runs through my property.
They don't ask before moving in and get indignant when you make them leave.
It's gonna be a long weekend......

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live well off the beaten track, about 20 miles from the centerline of the Eclipse
The groupies are starting to arrive.
Reminds me of the parking lot at a Grateful Dead concert..........or worse. Lots of Tie dye and dreads. No evidence of personal hygiene.
I've had to evict several groups, who sat up camp next to the creek that runs through my property.
They don't ask before moving in and get indignant when you make them leave.
It's gonna be a long weekend......

After the 2nd or 3rd gsw, I think they'd get the idea...

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm dealing with it here as well. We don't allow camping on the WMA oustide of the designated campgrounds and we have already run 5-6 big groups off of the area. Looks like I will ha e to make my rounds again Sunday and lock the gates for Monday! The USFS has been closing gates to many of the remote areas of the Cherokee National Forest because of people like the "Rainbow Gathering" for the past two weeks. It happens to fall within the path of totality though. I am about 98% totality here.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1.3 miles north of total line here. Large empty school grounds across from me. No campers (yet?).

[emoji848]

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1.3 miles north of total line here. Large empty school grounds across from me. No campers (yet?).

[emoji848]
There's been a lot of West bound traffic, out of St. Louis, yesterday and today on hwy 70. Quite a few vehicles from Indiana, Michigan and Illinois, about a third pulling campers.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's been a lot of West bound traffic, out of St. Louis, yesterday and today on hwy 70. Quite a few vehicles from Indiana, Michigan and Illinois, about a third pulling campers.
My buddy just took his camper down to South Carolina to watch it! Must be nice to be retired and well off!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't see the big deal.

View attachment 84418

Although, I heard no more for 20+ years?

Philbert

There's another full eclipse visible in the US in April 2024. It starts in Texas, heads up towards Chicago then turns east to Maine.

Personally I'd love to see a full eclipse. It's supposed to drop 20 degrees in temperature while the sun disappears. And you get to see the stars. I had a chance head to Beatrice NE yesterday, but I passed it up. Too much risk of cloud cover to invest that much time in the car. Also, I'd be leaving a lot of work for my wife on the farm today, so I stayed home. I got a little nervous about the crowds too. Supposed to be one of the biggest American migrations.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's another full eclipse visible in the US in April 2024. It starts in Texas, heads up towards Chicago then turns east to Maine.

Personally I'd love to see a full eclipse. It's supposed to drop 20 degrees in temperature while the sun disappears. And you get to see the stars. I had a chance head to Beatrice NE yesterday, but I passed it up. Too much risk of cloud cover to invest that much time in the car. Also, I'd be leaving a lot of work for my wife on the farm today, so I stayed home. I got a little nervous about the crowds too. Supposed to be one of the biggest American migrations.
Like Lemmings!

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

the one in 2024 is gonna be full in my area. This one is about 96 percent . I'm looking forward to seeing them. Lol