Echo TC-210 tiller on the way

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I got the Echomania full blown. Been wanting a more portable tiller than the Briggs & Stratton powered full size one I have right now for use in tight areas and wildlife food plots. Found one NIB on Fleabay with no bids at $150.00 plus shipping. I won the tiller, it should be here later in the week. Anybody have experience with these little machines? I have a really old Mantis with a Kioritz engine that I used back in the day, however it needs alot of work. It digs really well but is super loud. If the TC-210 is as good as my Echo chainsaws, weedeaters, and blowers then I'll be a happy guy!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice score. I did a carb rebuild and fuel lines on my neighbors Mantis and the motor assembly looked identical to my 2200 trimmer. Can't wait for pics.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will do. We have a problem with overnight molehills here, and my dog and cats don't seem interested in doing anything about it. With the TC-210, I can at least flatten them down quick and easy. The old Mantis is at least 20 years old and not been used in a few years. Even back when it was running it was ready for a rebuild. I think the clutch housing is cracked or something as the previous owner had strung a bunch of zip ties around it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hlikeave the same problem and a good 1 inch rock bar to drop moles. Of course I live on river bottom and the soil is nice and soft. Ever treat your yard?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guess I got the Echomania full blown. Been wanting a more portable tiller than the Briggs & Stratton powered full size one I have right now for use in tight areas and wildlife food plots. Found one NIB on Fleabay with no bids at $150.00 plus shipping. I won the tiller, it should be here later in the week. Anybody have experience with these little machines? I have a really old Mantis with a Kioritz engine that I used back in the day, however it needs alot of work. It digs really well but is super loud. If the TC-210 is as good as my Echo chainsaws, weedeaters, and blowers then I'll be a happy guy!
echo and mantis are in bed with each other they are really the same except on different colored plastics.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
echo and mantis are in bed with each other they are really the same except on different colored plastics.
When I replaced the fuel line on a Mantis this spring I used the Echo kit off the shelf from HD.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never treated my yard before, will have to look into that. The Little Brown Santa Claus is supposed to bring the tiller today.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought I would post an update. Got to using the little Echo tiller this weekend preparing some strawberry beds. Man, this thing can dig! Hard packed ground is no match for it. My larger four stroke tiller needs the soil broken up with a mattock or plow first, otherwise it just wants to take off . I'm also planning to use it to create some wildlife food plots.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 2 tiller setup

1. Husqvarna TR317DE (Dual rotating rear tine)
2. Mantis (Same as Echo) 2 cycle front tine (little monster after trimming the limiters and tuning the correct way)

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I do too. My other tiller is an Ace Hardware branded MTD front tine with 3.5 Briggs. Honestly, I could just use the little Echo for everything I would need a tiller for. I don't garden enough to really need anything bigger and the little Echo goes anywhere.