Echo tank vents???

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got a 2511t echo I’ve been running like crazy for 6 months or so, noticed it’s pushing fuel out of the tank vent, especially when i push the primer bulb. Never noticed this before on a saw... is the tank vent a one way valve? Also have a 271t and a 355t I use and thought I’d rob a vent off the 271t as it’s really just a back up saw. That vent leaks as well as the one off of the 355t??? These saws are always either clipped to me up in a tree or in a scabbard in my bucket truck always pointing down, never laying flat. Lol and I won’t have gas dripping on my legs. Any ideas? This normal?

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got a 2511t echo I’ve been running like crazy for 6 months or so, noticed it’s pushing fuel out of the tank vent, especially when i push the primer bulb. Never noticed this before on a saw... is the tank vent a one way valve? Also have a 271t and a 355t I use and thought I’d rob a vent off the 271t as it’s really just a back up saw. That vent leaks as well as the one off of the 355t??? These saws are always either clipped to me up in a tree or in a scabbard in my bucket truck always pointing down, never laying flat. Lol and I won’t have gas dripping on my legs. Any ideas? This normal?
Demon possessed…

🤪