Echo SRM-2620 Carb Adjustment

Derek Payne

New OPE Member
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Echo SRM-2620 trimmer and really like it. I have heard that Echo equipment is set really lean from the factory, so I wanted to richen the mixture by turning out (CCW) the high speed mix screw. The SRM-2620 requires a "small head D" tool for the high speed screw. I initially tried to find the stock setting by turning in the screw until seated, but the "small head D" was so hard to engage on top of the screw that I seated the high mix screw on accident while trying to engage the tool with the screw. Anyways, I don't know where the stock setting is and am now flying blind. I am new to carb adjustments and have watched a lot of youtube videos on how to setting it. Only problem is I can completely backout/remove the high speed screw with no change in RPM or performance. From the seated position, at WOT, the engine starts running good at 1.75 turns out. From there no matter how much I turn out the screw there is no noticeable change in performance or RPM and runs really good. Was hoping someone with more experience than I could throw me a bone on how the set this carb because it seems to be acting different than in any of the videos I have seen. Also, does anyone know the factory setting on the high speed screw for an SRM-2620? Thanks for your help.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
info sent. if you have the older style blue handle carb tool you will need to put it in a lath and trim shaft back some so it will work on the new walbro rotary carbs.